Broken ??? well sort of .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken ??? well sort of .

Been Stuffing about with the cat 939 drott all afternoon ..Allan used it last and said it was running hot . So yesterday ,I cleaned the radiator out , After i finished ,I topped up the radiator ..Today went to a job , Went to unload and spotted water on the truck floor . Checked the radiator ,and was down below the fins .
    Took it back home and got the covers off .Water dripping from the radiator ..Dropped the bottom radiator hose , and flushed it .Put some cleaner in and run it pushing up fill .
    Dropped the water out .And flushed it a couple of times . But when I got under to drop the water out No leak ????????. So refilled radiator and took it up the back and give it a work out ripping ang pushing fill on a pad we are leveling . After 1/2 an hour , put some stop leak in . Run it for another hour . Come back down to the shed .Shut it down and checked ,No drips . Parked it where i can double check for drips in the morning ,if OK will drop it out and refill with coolant ..Put all the guards back on and head over to the job I was going to do today .
    Anyone had a intermittent leak like this before ?. Done this a couple of times before .

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    .Anyone had a intermittent leak like this before ?. Done this a couple of times before .
    I have had a leak in a radiator where the tanks meet the tubes ,it only leaked when it was cooling down and the water was contracting inside the radiator causing it to suck in a bit and leak. Worked fine under pressure ...

Comment

What way is the water pump? run it with out the rad cap being fitted and see what happens.
      A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Had a leak in a core once that just sucked the water off the core when running and a devil to find when standing still, but they is easy soldered as the old ones are copper init ?

Comment

Hey Ian years ago I had a Ford car (last one I'll ever buy) with one of the first plastic/ aluminum radiators I kept losing coolant and after replacing major components like the radiator with an aftermarket one as well hoses and the thermostat. I tested the radiator cap found it wasn't working properly and leaking I guess when I was on the highway and the highway only oddly, so I quickly replaced it and never had any troubles with the cooling system after....well till I handed down to my brother when I bought a Saturn he parked it on a rock. lol

Comment

Working...
          X