Bought me a snow plough!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought me a snow plough!!

I bought myself. A scrapper blade today at a local auction. There was real new scrapers for sale but they went for £1200/£1400 plus VAT but I got this one in a different part of the auction for a total of £170! It's ex local authorities and even though I need to get it modified to fit the front linkage it will still be a bargain! I will get it down to the blacksmiths on Monday and get ready for the snow coming!! Is 10 ft wide so when it's on the angle it should be wide enough for the 8ft wide tractor. I also got a weight box at the last sale to help keep the rear of the tractor down!

Dear Muz,

please could you fix it for me (not in a jimmy saville style) to have this thread title to say Bought me a snow plough. Instead of bout!

Many thanks

Wee Jim
    aged 30.

** edit ** Now then Now then ..... jewelry jewely jim has fixed it
    .. didnt he fekin half ?

Comment

Are you going to fit castors to hold the blade of the ground

Paul.
      If I have to explain you wouldn't understand

Comment

Originally posted by mogman View Post
        Are you going to fit castors to hold the blade of the ground

Paul.
        Yeah I think I will get castors fitted as that will help save wear on the rubbers.

Comment

plough

looks like an old bunce plough http://www.bunce.co.uk/snowploughs.html
          trust me the rubber wont last long with no casters as i found out when the day driver lost a wheel

i gave up the winter maintenance up at the end of 2010 after around 18 years at it
          my last mount with bunce blade far more sturdier that the new econ ones they had

will you be running on white diesel when ploughing snow
          cheers graham
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
            looks like an old bunce plough http://www.bunce.co.uk/snowploughs.html
            trust me the rubber wont last long with no casters as i found out when the day driver lost a wheel

i gave up the winter maintenance up at the end of 2010 after around 18 years at it
            my last mount with bunce blade far more sturdier that the new econ ones they had

will you be running on white diesel when ploughing snow
            cheers graham
            yeah that's what I thought about the caster/rubber situation!

Will I have to use white diesel if. Am working for the council? As they use red in the gritters and ploughs!

Comment

diesel

i think you can plough snow with a tractor on red , but you cant tow a gritter and spread salt/grit on red my gritter was a dedicated gritter and ran on red ,all the demounts etc had to be on white
              they did relax the rules when we had bad snow a few years back ,but i think it was only temporary

cheers graham

Comment

search

a quick search found this

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/excise-duty/brief4511.htm

Comment

Thanks for that!

Comment

Jim does that blade have recoil springs in case you hit something that doesn't want to be moved?

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                      Jim does that blade have recoil springs in case you hit something that doesn't want to be moved?
                      No it does not have recoil springs. But it has rubber blade.

Comment

I have the plough loaded on to the back of the truck so I will get it down to the blacksmiths tomorrow for fabrication and hopefully will have it ready for the white stuff falling!!!

Comment

So does your tractor have a three point hitch on the front? Amazingly that's still a new concept on this side of the pond but I have seen a few tractors with it and a PTO on the front too.

Comment

Yeah it has a three point linkage and a loader. I done have a PTO at the front but could get the kit but as is I don't have the need for it!

the arms at the front have a float too so when down and in float the plough will follow the contours of the road too!

Comment

Sounds like it should suit the purpose well Jim .

Comment

Working...
                              X