Lake Goldsmith Rally Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Goldsmith Rally Today

DSC05525.jpgDSC05526.jpgDSC05534.jpgDSC05535.jpgDSC05536.jpgDSC05537.jpgDSC05539.jpgDSC05540.jpgDSC05541.jpgDSC05543.jpg

Excellent pictures Wazz Thanks
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Yeah some interesting looking machines, especially like the steam shovels.

Comment

Excellent Wazza ... I liked the dual drive ferguson .. theres not many of those around
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Laughable to think Muz it was still less than 60Hp....................
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

DSC05544.jpgDSC05545.jpg Couldn't get a good pic of it because of how it was parked.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]1004[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1003[/ATTACH] Couldn't get a good pic of it because of how it was parked.
              Cool ... very cool .. I am indebted to our members for collecting such rare photos thanks fella

The label is actually a bit wrong .. the original machines were built from Fordson skid units to help work the land in Essex , England, which is heavy clay around the Ernest Doe & sons dealerships location, thats why they built them, because the farmers needed more power, and became known as triple 'D' s or Doe Dual Drive ...

It may be true that this model was developed for something else, but the original concept was started in 1958 with Fordson Power major units .

They built them for several years using later skid units including the later Super Majors and then the New performance majors and beyond onto the next models after the E1A (Major) skid units

I was offered one for sale a while back, but couldnt afford it, but now they fetch serious money, I could have had that tractor for 10K and sold it 10 years later for 50 to 60 K

But as your picture shows I believed they experimented with other skids, and then some were copied.. its a fascinating bit of tractor and 4WD technology and where it came from
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The RB .........bet all those guys had beards

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  I believed they experimented with other skids, and then some were copied.. its a fascinating bit of tractor and 4WD technology and where it came from
                  I looked but cant find any I thought they tried other skid units too will check my stuart gibbard books

Comment

Working...
                  X