Some Canadian farm equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Canadian farm equipment

My wife and I took some of these pictures a while ago and have been meaning to post them for some time but this is the bulk of the equipment that my father in law farms with. Nothing to fancy but does the job and nothing is owed on them unlike a lot of other farmers around here who have the latest and greatest of everything.

That's my father in law's brand new rotary mower on the back quite a heavy duty unit.

The massey it has a Perkin's engine I still haven't driven it.

One of the Cummin's powered Versatile tractors a little over 200h.p.

The two surviving combines one is a 7720 same as the one that burnt and the other is a 8820

The little 7 yard scraper that's used for cleaning ditches in the fields not a well liked unit.

The deceased 7720

The cultivator

And the other Versatile which I think is closer to 300h.p. I could be wrong though.

Looks like it all should do the job at hand Bert .

Comment

Sure does, Diane's dad has been talking about converting his old pig barn into a shop so at least some of the equipment can be stored over the winter under a roof. The big Versatile tractors have had some issues with gaskets and O-rings leaking and causing antifreeze to disappear over the winter. However this depends on if the company who built a number of large windmills in the area will cough up the cash from damage done to his land during construction of the windmills.

Comment

Some nice kit Bert, what is the JD a 3140, 3130.................??

What happened to ignite the combine ??
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Cool good to see Bert ... I'm guessing the versatile wouldnt bump start ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

The tractor with the loader I think is a 2120 I'll have to ask my brother in law. We were just finishing up harvesting canola and because things were so very dry a lot of chaff and dust was being generated and a couple times I could smell burnt rubber like a belt slipping. So my father in law decided to err on the side of caution and bring it back to the house so we could blow it out with compressed air and just before he got the driveway the cab filled up with smoke so he stopped and quickly got out and phoned the fire department. It took the Letellier Fire Department half an hour to show up when we were only five minutes away. I told the Chief when he showed up to get a tanker he said it wouldn't take much water to extinguish (he's a local idiot by the way) the pumper they have is only 500 gallon capacity so they had to get water from a local farmer to keep hosing it. It was still smoldering and stinking up the farm stead so I brought my little portable Monarch gas pump I inherited from my dad and gave it a good drink the day after. Diane's dad said he's going to wreck it for parts and sell them on the internet.

Comment

Thanks for that Bert, having two of those combines he might be his own best customer............

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought and I'm sure he's thinking the same. One of the nice things with those combines is you can sit two in the cab reasonably comfortable so since he and I get along pretty good I'll go sit with him for a while or even take over and give him a break. He's got some health problems and sitting for a long period of time can be pretty hard on him, but it does take a while to get a feel for running the combine harvesting canola it's pretty easy to plug it and I almost did that day but it worked out in the end with no drama....till it caught fire. lol The only machines I haven't posted pictures of yet are the two grain trucks (both tandem axle beasts) and the old gas powered Versatile swather that he'd really like to replace as it can be a handful and the A.C. can hardly keep up on the hot days.

Comment

He must grow a fair acreage to warrant that gear? Bear in mind Bert the biggest single field in Ireland is circa 300 acres.

Comment

Well he farms with the neighbour across the road, Diane's uncle and her grandma has some land too. So how it's worked out on the books is beyond me, but basically those three guys are doing the work with Diane's mum doing the book keeping I believe. I think they farm like two or three sections worth and most of it's been in the family for almost a 150 years when some of the first French people came to the Prairie's. The government even gave them a plaque when they got up to 125 years. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                      it's been in the family for almost a 150 years
                      It Should almost be paid off by now then Bert ....

Comment

Working...
                      X