Joining two halves of a bottom roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining two halves of a bottom roller

Friction welding is nothing new .. in the world of diggers its often used to fuse the boss of a hydraulic ram onto the rod its self .. yielding superior performance .. but its done to more than just rams heres a bottom roller being made

And a ram too

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

I know Bobcat uses that method of welding the cylinder eye's to the rods, pretty neat Muz.

Comment

That is pretty engineering. When the lathe is instantaneously braked to a standstill there must be a massive transfer of energy. Have a look at this friction heater this bloke has developed:
      Friction Heater

Comment

...obviously ignore the daft suggestion that his device will create more energy than it uses.
        Quite a neat way of using rotational energy direct to a boiler rather than all those power-sapping energy conversion methods, you know, R.E into an alternator to be rectified for a heating element into heat.etc...ad finitum...

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
          When the lathe is instantaneously braked to a standstill there must be a massive transfer of energy.
          I think its a crucial part of the process, at some critical point the parts must cease to move, I know that sounds obvious, but I'm guessing that if this isnt done in a particulary accurate way, the whole process wouldnt gain the strength that it does
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
          X