Jcb 8014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda looks like an accumulator ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      ‘I wondered if Is was an expansion vessel? If there were such a thing on a digger. I’ve ordered up a service manual to get more info.

im half thinking of exercising my consumer rights with this purchase. I bought it through a dealer who advertised it as “no leaks”. I have spoken to him about it and he said “sorry mate 2nd hand digger no warantee the leak must have appeared after you took ownership” it was the next day I noticed the leak. Apparently I have 30 days to request a refund or repair under the 2015 consumer rights act.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveindevon View Post
        ‘I wondered if Is was an expansion vessel? If there were such a thing on a digger. I’ve ordered up a service manual to get more info.

im half thinking of exercising my consumer rights with this purchase. I bought it through a dealer who advertised it as “no leaks”. I have spoken to him about it and he said “sorry mate 2nd hand digger no warantee the leak must have appeared after you took ownership” it was the next day I noticed the leak. Apparently I have 30 days to request a refund or repair under the 2015 consumer rights act.
        do you have a copy of the ad saying "no leaks" ?

and

have you any record of your conversation with said dealer ...
        not Devon Plant is it ... their name has come up before elsewhere

I'd possibly be advising them of your rights under the act and the fact that if they aren't prepared to deal with the situation, perhaps they'd be happier dealing with trading std.s?
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

looks to be leaking from the bladder crimp?
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            do you have a copy of the ad saying "no leaks" ?

and

have you any record of your conversation with said dealer ...
            not Devon Plant is it ... their name has come up before elsewhere

I'd possibly be advising them of your rights under the act and the fact that if they aren't prepared to deal with the situation, perhaps they'd be happier dealing with trading std.s?
            I have read over the original ad. and I must have confused it with another advert. as this one doesn’t actually say “no leaks” so I probably couldn’t get him on an inaccurate description. I may have a case under “not fit for purpose “.

I purchased from “Warwick Plant” in Maidenhead. He has said he’ll help me if he can.

Maybe I’ll just try to seal/fix the leak as it doesn’t seem to be under any pressure YET!

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

looks to be leaking from the bladder crimp?
            Thank you. I’m going to try to seal it with some epoxy resin.

Dave

Comment

I have read over the original ad. and I must have confused it with another advert. as this one doesn’t actually say “no leaks” so I probably couldn’t get him on an inaccurate description. I may have a case under “not fit for purpose “.

I purchased from “Warwick Plant” in Maidenhead. He has said he’ll help me if he can.

Maybe I’ll just try to seal/fix the leak as it doesn’t seem to be under any pressure YET!

Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I’m going to try to seal it with some epoxy resin.

Dave
              That's a problem when searching dozens of ad.s .... remembering what says what

an accumulator is a 'pressure reservoir' and smooths out pressure variations to maintain even pressure ... it won't be under pressure with the machine not running and the system pressure exhausted/relieved .....

most likely your servo accumulator to allow a few lever movements/actuations, after the engine ceases to pump when turned off .... allows you to operate say the main boom circuit to lower the boom in the event of engine failure ...

you can exhaust the accumulator pressure by operating the sticks' various motions, after the engine is stopped and can probably hear the pressure drop away in the circuit as you operate the levers ... you'll eventually end up with no movements, etc. once all pressure has been relieved/exhausted.

Unusual to get a crimp leak like that and you'll be very lucky to seal it externally .... try pricing one up before going to the bother of trying to 'repair' it and see if said dealer will contribute to, or even pay the cost of the replacement

this is one of the accumulators off mine on the travel range valve ..... not a crimped type ... has a one piece bladder inside it like a tough balloon

the crimped style are much like the pressure vessel in a sealed central heating system ... allows the system contents to expand, whilst maintaining a constant pressure in the system when cold - usually 1.5 BAR

http://www.hedmandrilling.com/wp-con...Tank-Types.png

hydraulic bladder type
              https://cdn.app.compendium.com/uploa...og_figured.jpg

diaphragm type
              http://www.valvehydraulic.info/wp-co...ccumulator.JPG

all three types
              https://i.ytimg.com/vi/uMFVUukXfQA/hqdefault.jpg

MUZ ..... this new green padlock is a PITFA for linking ..... won't show pix at all

Comment

Thank you for your detailed response.

Dave

Comment

MUZ ..... this new green padlock is a PITFA for linking ..... won't show pix at all
                  So I see
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

now struggling to reply to your post above ??
                    emojis freezes it completely ??

I put the links straight in .... showed in preview, but had to come back in on edit, when they didn't show other than a black box, remove the Pix from the insert links tab and just put the page header in for each ... least the OP could then see the pix

no emojis .... daren't freeze this again ... 5th attempt

Comment

Ive disabled an https plugin .. think it was slowing things down.. I did a test post in the test area and all links and pics rendered ok before doing this ?

Comment

Ive disabled an https plugin .. think it was slowing things down.. I did a test post in the test area and all links and pics rendered ok before doing this ?
                        Tha's better boyo ..... not tried pix yet though

was it this sort of pump on there originally OP

Comment

Update

UPDATE

Hi All,

The chap that sold me the 8014 has offered to pay for a new accumulator (£375) and I will fit so hopefully all’s well that ends well.

Dave

Comment

UPDATE

Hi All,

The chap that sold me the 8014 has offered to pay for a new accumulator (£375) and I will fit so hopefully all’s well that ends well.

Dave
                            that sounds a decent result ... 'praps he's a member here and been reading the thread

Comment

Working...
                            X