No announcement yet.

faulty volvo ec35 control panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite on the same scale but similar vein ...... ride on mower went 'flaky' on me a few months back .
    Some may recall my post at the time !!
    Now this is a mower - engine start, stop, blade start/stop - that's it - ECU behind the paltry dash, to control a simple mag. clutch for the blades - apparently they go wrong for a past-time

150+ quid a pop to replace FFS !!

Couple of feet of wire, a relay and a bit of cunning Druidry later - ECU no longer required WHY put the damned thing there in the first place?!!!!!!
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hello Muz, would it be possible to get a readable version of Puma Fault Finding Guide please? I canīt open the one in your old sticky.

I have Pel Job EB306 with Puma control which gives me FC0.2 & FC4.1, any ideas what are these about?

Comment

'Evening Viktor .... welcome to 'the place of answers'
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thanks v8druid

That's exactly what I was looking for, place of answers :)

Would be good to get some answers on Puma Control faults...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor View Post
            Hello Muz, would it be possible to get a readable version of Puma Fault Finding Guide please? I canīt open the one in your old sticky.

I have Pel Job EB306 with Puma control which gives me FC0.2 & FC4.1, any ideas what are these about?
            Pm ur email address, see what I can do

Comment

They are just jpeg pictures, you just double click on them to blow them up...... 4.1 is water temp sensor fc 0.2 is more sinister but just as easily could be faulty earths
              Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks Muz! This is what I get when I click or double click on the images:

"Viktor, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

FC0.2 disappeared after I cleaned engine earthing and battery connections :)
                FC4.1 I need to check few things first. There are two sensors on the thermostat housing. System is full of coolant and temp seems to be ok by hand, but Puma is getting crazy when engine is hot. If it was a sensor failure, I guess it would be alarming on cold engine too.

Comment

Thanks Muz! This is what I get when I click or double click on the images:

"Viktor, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                  Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                  If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
                  Yes that would be correct, but should be ok now, let me know if it isnt

FC0.2 disappeared after I cleaned engine earthing and battery connections :)
                  FC4.1 I need to check few things first. There are two sensors on the thermostat housing. System is full of coolant and temp seems to be ok by hand, but Puma is getting crazy when engine is hot. If it was a sensor failure, I guess it would be alarming on cold engine too.
                  Not necessarily .... the sensor will be grounding at some point to trigger the PUMA ... just not at the right point, and IIRC disconnecting it just leaves it in fault permanently , all you can do is replace it, but try all the earth straps first, the main one is below the operators seat near the slew IIRC, because theres nothing worse than paying for a new sensor only to find the fault hasn't gone
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Yes that would be correct, but should be ok now, let me know if it isnt

Not necessarily .... the sensor will be grounding at some point to trigger the PUMA ... just not at the right point, and IIRC disconnecting it just leaves it in fault permanently , all you can do is replace it, but try all the earth straps first, the main one is below the operators seat near the slew IIRC, because theres nothing worse than paying for a new sensor only to find the fault hasn't gone
                    Puma Fault Finding Guide OK now. Thank you so much Muz and pedrod316!

Reg sensors, I see your point Muz. I cleaned all sensor connections and replaced some cable shoes today. All problems gone, just like hat . I must say Puma is a very connection sensitive system. I'll clean main earth strap tomorrow, just to be shore all connections are good.

This is a great place of answers, thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Puma Fault Finding Guide OK now. Thank you so much Muz and pedrod316!

Reg sensors, I see your point Muz. I cleaned all sensor connections and replaced some cable shoes today. All problems gone, just like hat . I must say Puma is a very connection sensitive system. I'll clean main earth strap tomorrow, just to be shore all connections are good.

This is a great place of answers, thanks a lot guys!
                      Yes it is very connection sensitive .. and not really suited to this environment .. a nice idea... badly implemented by some desk jockeys without real world experience anyways .. glad you've got it sorted without any major expense .. and welcome to the forum also

Comment

Tentatively considering acquiring a 3.5t Ovlov ..... with a dead PUMA on board .....
                        can I skin it and use it as a rug ......

the serious Q is ..... could this unit be removed and some conventional 'proper' wiring and switches installed in its place Muz ?.... what does it control altogether?

there can't be a great deal to control .... starter, alternator, heater plug circuit and relay, ancillaries, boom offset/slew changeover, whatever buttons it has on the sticks to control whatever circuits [on/off] ..... have I missed anything?

WTF computers are required on these things for is beyond my pay grade
                        Leccy spaghetti and switches/indicator lamps always worked fine, 'fore the desk jockeys got involved

What yer think, Oh Master Yoda ???

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                          there can't be a great deal to control .... starter,alternator, heater plug circuit and relay, ancillaries, boom offset/slew changeover, whatever buttons it has on the sticks to control whatever circuits [on/off] ..... have I missed anything?

What yer think, Oh Master Yoda ???
                          Spose the answer is yes..... and no If a man could build it, he can 'un' build it .. the question is how much time are you prepared to spend doing it. Its main function is engine management, and as a control centre for fault management and machine status display. They basically tried to cram everything, including fuel tank level display into one box. It collates all the info from sensors all around the machine, and then shuts the fekin digger off/prevented start when it thinks its getting an out of range value, which sadly also included many incorrect readings due to faulty sensor connections. Also it acted as an anti theft device using attached key pads for coded activation of the machine on some units . You will have read else where on some EC15 threads, that you can run that digger with its ECU removed, but then ofcourse you get no warnings for oil pressure or engine temp at its simplest, and its also a very simple ECU. So, for an owner driver, if these things dont bother you, then I'm sure you could make it work no problem especially for someone of you tech level .

Your most important tool would be a paper one ... a full schematic, to identify what sections you would need to bodge up to give you as much functionality as possible and identify critical connections, particularly across the key switch. You would need to have a fairly good understanding of its control systems also .. is the heater timer controlled from the puma, or does it have its own permanent live with its own timer built in ? that sort of thing ... but there arent that many of these to work out ... to some people, that would make them run a mile, but to others its just a process of elimination to work it out .. my guess would be, you loose a little hair at some point .. even if you are bald already .. but if its a cheap machine .. it could be a tempting prospect ... and a project at least .. when do we start ?

Comment

I had PUMA problems with a VOLVO EC35. I found a website where I found a replacement computer that an engineer made himself. I contacted him through Whatsapp. He introduced me to his computer and the experiences of previous customers and showed me a couple of videos and pictures. I decided to buy his computer, which he then mailed to me. I received the computer with all the instructions for connecting it to the excavator. I had my doubts, but after testing the computer on my excavator, I saw that he is the right man. Even when I had any questions, he answered very quickly and is always available. He is a good man. The computer has a good price and i would recommend it to anybody.

http://mechatronika.pomorze.pl/2022/...erownik-board/
                            Last edited by Parkl99; 16-05-2023, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X