Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Muz View Post
    Thats a lot of rubba
    I'd estimate a bout a ton and a half Muz .... plus a serious amount of rain water that's accumulated in the damned things
    Richy's truck certainly knew they were on the back of it
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• been a loooong day in't shed ....... got all the 'ground level' stuff finished

and buttoned up

before turning my attentions to the 'aerial' bits in the ridge of the shed and the light units

Pleased to say that by half six, I'd got 'em all strung out, wired in and all ready for some leccy ..... my arms are hanging off tonight ....
      all overhead work and me iffy left shoulder has had some serious exercise the last few days ..... after several weeks of nursing it, for it to repair itself, I needed to use it and it had to have it

Couple of short bits of trunking left to fit, for the outside flood lights, then get them up and wired in, as well and the shed end is finished .... the house end is also gonna be fun, up in a small attic space, python wrestling, to pick up a supply and installing a 2 way switch for the exterior floods.
      gonna be good having lights and power out there to say now't of the exteriors to hand from inside the house .... 'tis 'kin dark out there, in the nights.
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

• So you can DIY domestic wiring over there , here you would be prosecuted ,locked up ,or a the very least uninsured if anything went wrong .
        Only a licensed electrican can legally do that sort of work here ,even running cat cables requires a cablers license . protected trades ,that includes plumbing .

Comment

• Originally posted by Wazza View Post
          So you can DIY domestic wiring over there , here you would be prosecuted ,locked up ,or a the very least uninsured if anything went wrong .
          Only a licensed electrican can legally do that sort of work here ,even running cat cables requires a cablers license . protected trades ,that includes plumbing .
          any competent person can install - to std - just supposed to have it tested and signed off.

done all my own for decades and do a tidier job than most leccies ... used to do all my own 3 ph in work ..... very often replacing so say professional crap when it failed/went west

it's not rocket science after all, as long as you know what you're doing

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            any competent person can

it's not rocket science after all, as long as you know what you're doing
            Rocket science is not hard if you know what your doing............................................. .

Neither is being a Druid.................
            A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stock View Post
              Rocket science is not hard if you know what your doing............................................. .

Neither is being a Druid.................
              Don't quite know how to take that one Boyo

Comment

• Take it as a complement lad some of the work you done metal wise has been fantastic, I be rather handy in the fabrication welding dept but what you do is a level or two above what I would attempt.................................

Comment

Take it as a complement lad some of the work you done metal wise has been fantastic, I be rather handy in the fabrication welding dept but what you do is a level or two above what I would attempt.................................
                  Thank you Stock, read in conjunction with that comment, the previous one now reads with a whole lot of difference ....
                  I'd guessed you were being complimentary ..... just could not get the slant without the second comment ..... I'm having a senior moment 'praps

After a lifetime trying to do it right ..... I'd want my arse kicked if I couldn't pull it off ............... now and again

Comment

• Nahh Druid don't do trolling plenty of slagging and an odd point stick if a row is going on but I'm not a troll..............................least I don't think I am.....................

Comment

• limited progress today, due to a 07.20 kick off/Clara arrival .... her mummy had an interview this morning, so we had an early start to our day too

atrocious weather this morning - horizontal rain and wind to blow you off your feet, if you didn't watch it ... cats won't even venture out and I don't blame them

had an hour putting the flood lights and mounts/enclosures together, for the shed pine ends, when it eased off a tad, plus a major tidy up in me tool box .. like a bomb'd dropped in there .... then the little un returned , so some grand dadding required

when the posty arrived after lunch, with some glands i'd been waiting for, I escaped for half an hour to finish off me lights. Failed to get any of these glands locally ..... can get bigger ones, but these PG9s (4-8 mm) are unobtainable

so these are ready to go up in the morning, whilst Clara's in nursery ....

bit frustrating that Gewiss don't do a black version of the boxes .. they'm gonna have to have a coat of the black stuff

get these connected and a couple of wires in the junction box, on the wall, beside the drive and I can give it some power with me RS Safe Bloc, at the house end of the 'python', for a test of everything

then i can turn me attention to getting it into the house ..... by the most favoured method/route, which will obviously have to meet approval from SWMBO .... she's already changed her mind about route/method twice now

Whilst it weren't chucking it down, thought i'd get a couple of pix of why I am in fear of an imminent bang occurring, in the round and black dept., on the 'Drema ... and why i considered it time/prudent to actively seek and acquire some new bouncy bits

as said, although there's plenty of tread/rubber on 'em .... it's only a question of time .... and these pix are an average example. Annoying really, as damned fine other-wise

Can guarantee summat'll let go at the most inopportune moment .............. and I have enough grey hairs already, from my fair share of exploding black things

Comment

Nahh Druid don't do trolling plenty of slagging and an odd point stick if a row is going on but I'm not a troll..............................least I don't think I am.....................
                        'xactly what I thought Boyo .... and thanks again for the kind words .... as I've said, .... often ... " each to their own "

Comment

• Got these up Friday

clinging to a ladder ....wet and wild .... but wanted to get 'em up and the wiring finished in't shed ....

damn me ..... had to dive back into the ducting this morning after 'the boss' decided it'd be good to be able to isolate the far end one, rather than having them both on the one switch .... job done and SWMBO placated ..... she's gonna need to grow a bit though, to reach the pull cord for the far end light, above the doors .... they'm 7 ft tall

Comment

• so much for the forecast dry, 10C day here ..... 4C is closer to the mark and wet, on/off ......
                            put me meter over me tails at the house end of the python this morning, looking for earth leaks .. none found, so 'hot wired' the tails with the Safe Bloc and gave it some juice from a 13A socket source ....
                            No blown fuses .... went and turned the consumer unit's main isolator on ..... all good ..... then the interior light MCB .... still good .... and hey presto ..... we had light, at the flick of a switch

awaiting the arrival of some cable clips for yon python and another 20mm cable duct, so's I can fix 'em to the wall and up into their final destination under the eaves, for a dive through the wall into the attic space above the house's consumer unit, for a couple up.
                            Local leccy place didn't have any clips ......

unbelievable !!!!
                            so usual source for odds and sods
                            just looked at the tracking on 'em and despaired to find they're in Yodel's (in)capable hands
                            they're absolutely bloody hopeless .... can't understand how, or why anyone uses them

the 'boss' has conceded that the cables, clipped to the wall, is probably going to look fine ... better than trunked up the wall
                            ..... yon armoured python isn't shiny and new, having spent decades in the roof of my workshop, before it got removed and relocated to my cable stock pile, when I cleared it out .... barely noticeable in fact

..... she's not noticed the shiny, new, 20mm duct that's going to have to run alongside the cable yet
                            hopefully Yodel will turn up tomorrow and I can spend a couple of hours grovelling in the attic space

Comment

• replaced the flexy conduit, the control cable was routed through today ...
                              piece I'd used wasn't really long enough to get it all the way to where i wanted it without a joint and wasn't happy trying to create a waterproof joint in this stuff
                              so having acquired a new 25m length, I cut the necessary amount, pulled the other one out and stuck the new in, once i'd persuaded the cable through it

then got it all back in and sanded up, marked and topped off with some more sand then some reasonably matching gravel to fill the top up

May well replace the gravel when it gets warmer, with some of that cold lay tarmac ....
                              the stuff I've used in some potholes in the drive is still down three years on, so this lil' strip should be no problem

might try and route them behind a down pipe, which'll camouflage them a tad

Comment

• Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                                'xactly what I thought Boyo .... and thanks again for the kind words ....
                                Forums are famous for wrong interpretations ... nout a few words wont sort out usually ! .. Ive made a good few posts meself Ive looked at the next day and thought .. aye.. you could read that a few ways ? .. and others , I've thought .. WTF was I on about there ?
                                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                                X