Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 3CX 4x4

JCB 3CX

After 45 years, I finally bought a backhoe! JCB 3 CX 4x4 Vin no. SLP3CXTSTE0441992

Would really appreciate advise / help:
    1. Year of manufacture?
    2. Workshop / repair manuals free download?
    3. Machine works very well. Both front and rear hydraulics strong and responsive.... but.... While working or driving on the road, both the front bucket and rear boom lose pressure and start dropping by itself. No apparent leaks on any cylinders or valve banks....????

Thank you kindly for any help.

Originally posted by Skutter View Post
    JCB 3CX

After 45 years, I finally bought a backhoe! JCB 3 CX 4x4 Vin no. SLP3CXTSTE0441992

Would really appreciate advise / help:
    1. Year of manufacture?
    2. Workshop / repair manuals free download?
    3. Machine works very well. Both front and rear hydraulics strong and responsive.... but.... While working or driving on the road, both the front bucket and rear boom lose pressure and start dropping by itself. No apparent leaks on any cylinders or valve banks....????

Thank you kindly for any help.
    seals bypassing oil internally in the rams at the pistons

I have a PDF manual ..... but it's huge .... won't load here ..... PM me an email addy and I'll see if it'll email .... IIRC circa 40mb
    may have to split it up, if it isn't locked .... can't remember
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

and welcome by the way
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

JCB 3CX

I've got a PDF of the service manual for serials 4000001 to 460000 if you haven't found one already

from your VIN

SLP = JCB
        3CX = 3CX
        T = 2WS
        S = Sideshift
        T = Built 1996
        E = Made in England
        0441992 = Serial number

Comment

Originally posted by Gecko View Post
          I've got a PDF of the service manual for serials 4000001 to 460000 if you haven't found one already
          Can't edit my posts yet, but here is a link

Comment

Jcb 3cx

Good day All,

Thank you for your help!
            V8 Druid ....cilinders repaired ..all 100% now.
            Gecko....Thanks for info on VIN No. and the great manual downloaded!

What is the possibility of downloading parts list for this machine? SLP3CXTSTE0441992

Stay safe in this Covid 19 era!

Comment

Good day All,

Thank you for your help!
              V8 Druid ....cilinders repaired ..all 100% now.
              Gecko....Thanks for info on VIN No. and the great manual downloaded!

What is the possibility of downloading parts list for this machine? SLP3CXTSTE0441992

Stay safe in this Covid 19 era!
              Glad to hear you got it sorted Boyo .... can pop and do my back end if you like ... boom drops on that too

Comment

Great to hear you are making good progress.
                If you don't have one, you'll find the operators manual Here

I bought a paper copy of the parts list and found it very disappointing.
                The images are great, but the components don't resolve to a JCB part number you can order.

boom ram_1.jpg
                eg. Item 12 (the seal kit) is not meaningful and doesn't tell you it's a 991/20030

If you use a VPN, you can point it a UK location and log into "parts.jcb.com" for the same images and the respective cross-ref PtNo.

Comment

Working...
                X