Ship scrapping .. dangerous environments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship scrapping .. dangerous environments

In the world of plant .. many of us encounter dangerous/toxic environments daily .. from diesel smoke, physical injury from heavy equipment .. to metal particulates from welding .. as in all aspects of life .. theres always someone worse off than you , interesting, disturbing , worth a watch ..

Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    In the world of plant .. many of us encounter dangerous/toxic environments daily .. from diesel smoke, physical injury from heavy equipment .. to metal particulates from welding .. as in all aspects of life .. theres always someone worse off than you , interesting, disturbing , worth a watch ..

seen quite a few similar vid.s Muz and this one is probably one of the best so far to illustrate all sides of the situation

..... can you imagine the amounts of gases they get through

doing that anywhere else, by environmentally friendly methods would make it an uneconomically viable process ... the scrap just wouldn't cover the costs .... no excuse, but as long as there are places in the world like it, it'll never be stopped.... what they gonna do ... bomb Allang
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      seen quite a few similar vid.s Muz and this one is probably one of the best so far to illustrate all sides of the situation

..... can you imagine the amounts of gases they get through

doing that anywhere else, by environmentally friendly methods would make it an uneconomically viable process ... the scrap just wouldn't cover the costs .... no excuse, but as long as there are places in the world like it, it'll never be stopped.... what they gonna do ... bomb Allang
      Agreed .. gas use must be massive ... Its the toxicity of asbestos, lead paints to name a few that they must encounter, when burning. Life is still cheap in these parts clearly, the injuries/deaths they must sustain will be significant, ............. sitting on a 2 foot thick H beam for example and cutting through it, not knowing which way it will spring and all your wearing is shorts and some flip flops
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Agreed .. gas use must be massive ... Its the toxicity of asbestos, lead paints to name a few that they must encounter, when burning. Life is still cheap in these parts clearly, the injuries/deaths they must sustain will be significant, ............. sitting on a 2 foot thick H beam for example and cutting through it, not knowing which way it will spring and all your wearing is shorts and some flip flops
        yeh, but as you say life is cheap and someone else'd be doing it if they didn't
        used to be Pakistan was the breaking centre .... now moved to here ..... and will be somewhere else in 5 years probably
        as the guy in the video says .... the owners should be responsible for enviro-friendly disposal .... but they don't give a fk as long as it's off their hands and showing a return

the scale of it is mind boggling eh
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          the scale of it is mind boggling eh
          Absolutely .. I suppose it must be ecologically beneficial in some ways though .. the cost environmentally of making all that steel would probably be more than the cost of recovering it and re smelting it, even with envorinmental problems ,just, theres the human cost involved .. and no western civilisation would entertian that health and safety cost

Comment

Absolutely .. I suppose it must be ecologically beneficial in some ways though .. the cost environmentally of making all that steel would probably be more than the cost of recovering it and re smelting it, even with envorinmental problems ,just, theres the human cost involved .. and no western civilisation would entertian that health and safety cost
            more chance of a dinner party with the pope and Madonna than getting it done anywhere else

Comment

Another interesting position on this industry .. world steel prices fluctuate all the time

Comment

Another interesting position on this industry .. world steel prices fluctuate all the time
                that's teh scrap game for you ..... they probably blame Brexit

Comment

Scrapping a supertanker in your sandals

Comment

Working...
                  X