Volvo EC70 Puma Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC70 Puma Problems

Hello, I have a nasty problem on this excavator, error FC 1.2, no manual, no idea.
    can anybody point me to more knowledge?

regards

Welcome ........1.2 is back up power supply or main fuse .. we have a puma fault finding guide on here .. have a read of that ... your other issue will be most likely a main earth/poor ground (Ive started your own thread too .. best to do this rather than tag onto someone elses )
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Volvo EC70 excavator

Hello,

a friend of mine has aproblem on this machine, fitted with Puma controller, error is FC 1.2, no manual available. Machine won't start, i have allready replaced solid state relay VN16B, which was shorted from 12V to pin 31. Still no joy. I can't access scans on this site, God knows why.

regards

Comment

Sorry

Sorry, have just started new thread about this, late to see your answer.
        The fuse panel is badly melted, next week will start painfull reconstruction with no manual.

Thank you.

Comment

Sticky thread

Can not access the
          Sticky: Puma Fault Finding Guide,

no permission?

Is it cursed, or I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by torentino View Post
            Can not access the
            Sticky: Puma Fault Finding Guide,

no permission?

Is it cursed, or I miss something?
            You didnt have enough posts as a new member at that point to access it but you do now
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Never give up

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              You didnt have enough posts as a new member at that point to access it but you do now
              Persistence is a virtue, thank you, Muz!

Comment

im having the same issue, working through the wiring now looking for a bad earth

Comment

PUMA ...... manufacturers should be shot for using such an unreliable piece of garbage ..... so many posts
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Still no glory...

Hello lads, had sorted problems with chared fuses holders, no error on Puma so far.
                    When I start the machine, it fires for a second and shut off, losing power on pump and fuel solenoid. In meantime show engine rpm.
                    What can be wrong?

Comment

Hello lads, had sorted problems with chared fuses holders, no error on Puma so far.
                      When I start the machine, it fires for a second and shut off, losing power on pump and fuel solenoid. In meantime show engine rpm.
                      What can be wrong?
                      Are any of the rams at their end stroke ?

Comment

Rams

No, somewhere in the midlle. Checked wiring assembly again, seriously overheated in multiple places, isolation fall apart if bent...more troubles ahead
                        Uploaded some pics of Puma repair, the little black bastard is responsible for pump and/or solenoid output..think so.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by torentino; 20-07-2019, 11:55 AM. Reason: Additional pics

Comment

No, somewhere in the midlle. .
                          Ok .. got caught with that once when engine got loaded on start up so whats the component ? a voltage regulator or something ?

Comment

Component

Basically is a electronic relay. Allmost every power output of Puma is driven by one of these...
                            https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/p...N16B-E-pdf.php

Comment

Basically is a electronic relay. Allmost every power output of Puma is driven by one of these...
                              https://www.digchip.com/datasheets/p...N16B-E-pdf.php

OK so they take the response from a sender unit, and the brain works out the correct fault code ? or action (ie shut down) .. Whats fried that one ?.. looks a bit corroded .. Did you notice the resin was discoloured and just started digging ?

Comment

Working...
                              X