JCB 801.4 engine stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 801.4 engine stalls

My 801.4 when warm stalls when any load is put on whether tracking or bucket etc, immediately restarts but won’t tick over and dies again.
    I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump recently and also fitted a primer bladder all jcb parts, if I let it cool down it is fine for about 5 minutes work then stalling again.
    There is no sign of overheating, I don’t know what to explore now as a fix, any suggestions welcome
    Michael

Most likely be a fuel restriction somewhere, commonly something in the tank, or paint flakes in a banjo connector ... something like that
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Most likely be a fuel restriction somewhere, commonly something in the tank, or paint flakes in a banjo connector ... something like that
      Think I'd have the priming bladder out for starters too ..... way I read that it, didn't have one originally??
      valves in those things can be finnicky

jury rig a gallon can above the motor straight in and see what it does ... then work back
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thanks guys

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        Think I'd have the priming bladder out for starters too ..... way I read that it, didn't have one originally??
        valves in those things can be finnicky

jury rig a gallon can above the motor straight in and see what it does ... then work back
        I only put the bladder on because JCB don’t supply the original type pump with the primer leaver and they said this was the current option so if I remove it I have no way to prime the fuel line unless someone has a method they can share?

i think you are both on the right track as it didn’t do it before I changed the pump etc

Comment

Originally posted by Malvern Michael View Post
          I only put the bladder on because JCB don’t supply the original type pump with the primer leaver and they said this was the current option so if I remove it I have no way to prime the fuel line unless someone has a method they can share?

i think you are both on the right track as it didn’t do it before I changed the pump etc
          perhaps the arm is too short or the wrong shape and barely pumping, if it's a block mounted, cam driven jobbie

If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Hi, I bought it from a JCB agent with the serial number of my machine so I would hope it is the correct one 🤞🏻
            Michael
            Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            perhaps the arm is too short or the wrong shape and barely pumping, if it's a block mounted, cam driven jobbie

Comment

Originally posted by Malvern Michael View Post
              Hi, I bought it from a JCB agent with the serial number of my machine so I would hope it is the correct one ����
              Michael
              well you can but hope , but we are talking Jake 'stealer'/agent here ...... do you have the original to compare it with ??
              as your issues all stem from the pump change, I'd be pinning a few quid on it being the issue

Comment

Working...
              X