Kubota KX 080 slew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kubota KX 080 slew

My 2016 Kubota kx80-4 is jumpy/jerky while slewing, has anyone had this problem or know why it’s happening?

Originally posted by Donnan19 View Post
    My 2016 Kubota kx80-4 is jumpy/jerky while slewing, has anyone had this problem or know why it’s happening?

Welcome.. One thread, one question please, I've deleted your other one .. do you mean a KX 080 8 tonner ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yea its a Kubota kx080-4 8 tonne.

Comment

How many hours are on it .. yours from new ? need a lot more info .. could be a multitude of reasons for the problem (not saying I have the answer but cant diagnose without info) for example ... are you talking about the offset or the whole machine ? have you checked the oil levels .. etc..etc...etc
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Bought it with 1500hrs, there’s now 2200hrs on it. It’s the whole machine while slewing, if your not extra careful while starting to slew or while easing off slewing it will be jumpy and not very smooth. Oil levels are ok. I’ve just been told to change the servo filter and check bowl for filings so will do that Monday morning.

Comment

Bought it with 1500hrs, there’s now 2200hrs on it. It’s the whole machine while slewing, if your not extra careful while starting to slew or while easing off slewing it will be jumpy and not very smooth. Oil levels are ok. I’ve just been told to change the servo filter and check bowl for filings so will do that Monday morning.
            Ok I have two of them currently (dash 3) and no problems so far in this area both up to 5000 hours or so ...my first suggestion would have been the filters first also but with those hours, thats not your problem, its something else.

When you look at the hyd oil level bar on the tank can you see any air bubbles/ white or does the oil look solid yellow ?

Comment

slew brake ? servo pressures down ?
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Tell you one severe problem I did have with one of them, dont think its relevant here but just to let you know...For some reason the machine had no belly panel, and through time debris had got up under the machine and hit the rotary valve, so much so, the valve became dis engaged from the locator that kept it locked to the lower structure, so that it would stay in a fixed position, when this happened the whole valve started turning, which then ripped off all the hydraulic hoses, you can imagine the following mess, and ofcourse the whole machine was imobilised in the middle of a site, not to mention the oil dump there after !

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Tell you one severe problem I did have with one of them, dont think its relevant here but just to let you know...For some reason the machine had no belly panel, and through time debris had got up under the machine and hit the rotary valve, so much so, the valve became dis engaged from the locator that kept it locked to the lower structure, so that it would stay in a fixed position, when this happened the whole valve started turning, which then ripped off all the hydraulic hoses, you can imagine the following mess, and ofcourse the whole machine was imobilised in the middle of a site, not to mention the oil dump there after !
                  OMG ..... must've been some crap build up to dislodge it from its peg Muz
                  If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Thankfully I’ve got a belly plate. So I changed the servo filter, it wasn’t in great order and the new one has helped a bit. When starting to slew it doesn’t just take off abruptly which is good. It’s still not very smooth will working at speed though. Must be something to do with oil pressure/flows.

Comment

It’s still not very smooth will working at speed though. Must be something to do with oil pressure/flows.
                      Post #6

Comment

Thankfully I’ve got a belly plate. So I changed the servo filter, it wasn’t in great order and the new one has helped a bit. When starting to slew it doesn’t just take off abruptly which is good. It’s still not very smooth will working at speed though. Must be something to do with oil pressure/flows.
                        put a gauge on the servo line to it and see what you've got .....

Comment

Working...
                        X