JCB 8018 hydraulic tank breather spewing oil out when running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCB 8018 hydraulic tank breather spewing oil out when running

I have a 8018 2015 when running hydraulic oil spewing out of tank breather. Changed filters and oil still the same. Seems like return line is pressuring all the time anyone help thanks

Hi Deano welcome Ive moved your post to its own thread rather than it being tacked onto the end of somone elses completetly different thread !
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Hi Deanno ... and welcome ......how're you checking your oil level in the tank ... may be over full??

close crowd ram and dipper ram fully ... then lay the boom out as far as you can ..... that should put max oil back into the tank to check your level
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

JCB 8018 hydraulic tank breather spewing oil out when running

Hi there oil level was fine machine is sitting in correct postion. When you see to return oil going into tank it is firing in at some pressure when sitting ticking over

Comment

Originally posted by Deano1994 View Post
          Hi there oil level was fine machine is sitting in correct postion. When you see to return oil going into tank it is firing in at some pressure when sitting ticking over
          it's going to .... when not bleeding off any thing into a motion the pump is still producing flow, unless you have a VDP pump in the system
          I expect that is re-circulating oil at circa 70l/m in use .... constantly ... it's why you have to have the tank level right ... too little and it'll cavitate .... too much and it's going to want to escape

Mine has a 180l tank and flows 230l/m ... 127% of capacity so that oil is fairly moving around the system ... idle, the load sensed VDP pumps shut right down to minimal flow ... reduces heat production and saves fuel / power
          sadly the 8018'll be a gear pump with fixed displacement, per rpm.
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

If the level is correct maybe severe aeration or foaming because of non compatible or incorrect oil ?

Comment

Working...
            X