No announcement yet.

Volvo EC25 Hydraulic Relief Adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC25 Hydraulic Relief Adjustment?

Just read about
    Volvo EC15B Hydraulic Relief Adjustment

And I have a Volvo EC25 that is just at 3100 hours and it feel weak in hydraulic, not sure, dont have any experience before this digger.

I belive it is a ex rental machine, and I am thinking that maybe they set down pressure to spare the digger?
    I have changed all fluids and filters, it was all ok and whole machine is in good shape.
    It is ok to dig whit but I think it should be a little stronger...
    I can lift machine from the side, not easy but not a problem for it, I can lift it from the front and that is a little hard for it. Blade down in the back makes it impossible to lift, if I first lift in front and then lower the blade I get the machine in the air. Hope you get the picture.

How do I test and adjust pressure on my EC25 2006?
    I read 230 bar in pdf http://www.volvoce.com/dealers/sv-se...fications.aspx
    but where and how do I meassure, and is it 230 bars that I should have?

/Chris from Sweden

Welcome to the forum Chris .I am Sure Muz will be along soon to try and Help you out .

Comment

Hello Chris and welcome to the forum

Firstly, if there are no hydraulic leaks then it probably is just a simple relief valve setting but to do that you need to hook up gauges to your valve block. Have you got a set of gauges?

Secondly, is the engine running smoothly - especially under load? Is it smoky or verging on stalling when you try to lift the machine?

I had a similar problem with my EC15B......same symptoms as yours [after the engine was rebuilt]. I found the pressure relief was set way too low at around 90Bar. It is a simple procedure to adjust the relief valve but you'll need to know what the setting is from the manual. The EC15B is 170Bar.......I don't know what the setting is for your EC25 but it shouldn't be far off that.

If you get the full service manual it'll tell you exactly where to hook the gauges. I'll check my manual on Friday and see if it covers the EC25 and will post up the relevant page.

Once the relief is set correctly the additional pressure may cause a hose to leak, but if that happens it only shows that the hose was becoming faulty in the first place....chances are the hoses will hold up fine if they're in good condition and properly fitted.

Comment

On reflection my manual only covers the EC15 and EC20 models...sorry..

Comment

Hi Chris welcome to the forum

It should certainly be able to jack its self up off the deck on the blade no problem, but only if you feather the dipper ram out slightly as you do so, I dont think they will do it by pushing the bucket down alone.

Its been several years since I owned any EC25's or 30's but IIRC the block has three main reliefs, and the y will need adjusted to increase your working pressures. They do go down in pressure over time naturally as the machine wears, but as Jack says.. you will need guages to test the machine first, as it may be something else causing the problem, so the first thing is to do a pressure test.
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for answers!

Engine runs quite smooth, a small black smoke puff when starting but then none. I heard machines run smoother but nothing to worry about I think.
            I think my neighbor might have guages, otherwise I found this:
            http://handla.swedol.se/shop/showItemList.asp?IT3=453
            170:- is like 25$, what hose and adapter will I need? M16X2 - R 1/4 is that right?

It says 230 bar in spec and EC15 says 170bar in advertise spec so, I think we have a clue :)

Where do I measure and where do I adjust? (picture from when I changed oil and filter, no dripping normally)

Picture of digger, first test in april:

Here we have a small video of digging, sorry for bad video, but you get some feeling of sound
            View My Video

Comment

Nice looking machine and it sounds healthy.
              It's impossible [for me] to suggest where the gauges fit - if you get a copy of the service manual then all will become clear

Comment

Working...
              X