Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem 1 ton Thwaites hightip dumper

Muz
    I read your knowledgeable response to the thwaites dumper problem. We have run our same dumper out of fuel and managed to start it again by loosening the 3 injectors and waiting for fuel to spray out. But we just can get it to run properly without cutting out. I am not a knowledgeable mechanic and this is as much as I know. My feeling is that it has sucked up dirt from the tank.
    Any suggestions of what I can do to remedy this.
    Much appreciated.
    Nathan

Originally posted by Lj007 View Post
    Muz
    I read your knowledgeable response to the thwaites dumper problem. We have run our same dumper out of fuel and managed to start it again by loosening the 3 injectors and waiting for fuel to spray out. But we just can get it to run properly without cutting out. I am not a knowledgeable mechanic and this is as much as I know. My feeling is that it has sucked up dirt from the tank.
    Any suggestions of what I can do to remedy this.
    Much appreciated.
    Nathan

Hi Lj .. Ive moved your post to its own thread as its always best practice to start your own thread if you have a question of your own

Theres a little electric priming pump inside the chassis rails that charges the fuel system, its probably not working properly, even if you hear it ticking away, sometimes the flutter valves fail on them and they dont pump. If its not ticking, give it a dunt with a large spanner. that sometimes spurs them into life. .. you should see a healthy jump of diesel coming out of the pipe onto the injection pump if all is normal. Failing that , its the other basics ...

1 restriction/shit in tank
    2 Filters
    3 Drawing air somewhere possibly at prefilter cos its missing the can 'o' ring

Good luck and keep us posted
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
    X