Forum upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum upgrade

Hi guys .. just to let you know I will be upgrading the forum to a new version over the next few weeks .... everything will be backed up to preserve our stuff,but theres always a snag or two that cant be forseen .. Whatever that will be,... will be short lived hopefully because Ive tried to eliminate everything beforehand.. but just to let you know .. plus it will probably mean you will need to remember your login details .. but dont worry .. if your browser wont let you back in just email me ... the newer version will be higher levels of security etc .. better for us all.. stay safe y'all
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Thanks Muz .

Comment

Sorry for any downtime lately, Ive been trying the upgrade system without success so far .. however.. ive always backed up our old system so we've always got something to come back to .. bit annoyed at the Vbulletin techs who I have paid to do the job and are just ignoring me .. no information.. no help and thats been a week now

**update .. think they are doing it tonight hopefully **
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

And another "Thanks Muz "

Comment

Well .. looks like we are done .. any problems keep me posted as always !!!

Comment

Dang got yourselves a new interface innit ? ... ... uh..... I mean ... yes will be some new stuff to learn, but you'll hopefully find it worth it

This is the latest VB forum software from the same folks that made the last forum. just that they stopped developing the old one so it wouldn't have got any other improvements or support.

Comment

First thoughts , It is shit ..Hopefully you can tweak it to get is back closer to what we are used to .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                First thoughts , It is shit ..Hopefully you can tweak it to get is back closer to what we are used to .
                Thanks .. theres always tweaking to do, but what you are used to is old hat now .. and some parts of it such as picture uploading a resizing just didnt work ,.. and took me a shed load of work to keep the spammers out .. ive already moved artefacts about to 'soften' the blow ..

Comment

Fudge I'm lost.............................................. ..
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I just made a post from my phone and it was the easiest ever including uploading a pic of a decent size ... mon fellas .. keep up

Comment

I might need some new glasses as the light blue TXT is hard to read.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza View Post
                        I might need some new glasses as the light blue TXT is hard to read.....
                        If you play around with the UI .. just about everything is customisable for the user

Comment

Hi Muz ,Is it possible to have a show new posts icon ?

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                            Hi Muz ,Is it possible to have a show new posts icon ?
                            Yeah Ive been looking at this

Comment

Ok theres a button wasnt previously visible on the navigation bar 'Todays Posts' .. id like that visible on the side blocks too .. im working on it

Comment

Working...
                              X