Re-hosting of Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-hosting of Forum

Just a heads up for you guys, at some point soon we are going to have to shift the forum from one host to another. Hopefully it will mean no disruption what so ever, what will happen is that when you put the forum url into your browser you will get directed to a new location where the forum is stored. That might mean some of your autocomplete stuff will be lost and you will need to re-enter your username and passwords again at worst, to continue using the forum. (if thats how you log in at present)

I had managed to 'blag' some free hosting space for long enough, but it looks like I'm gonna have to start paying for it now never mind .. I'll post here before we make the jump to keep you up to speed
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Sounds good boss, so no more freebies capitalism sucks sometimes. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hopefully it will mean no disruption what so ever,
      Did I really say that ?

Well the new hosts saw fit to have our forum web address point immediately at the new web space ... where of course there was no forum sitting waiting ? If they'd said that was gonna happen I might have been better prepared and closed the forum for a short while and moved it, but it comes in two parts, once I realised this I moved the first bit last night, but had to wait for the database bit to be done today, over which I had no control, but thanks to Ally G thats been moved too and we are good to go ..
      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Don't frighten us like that again Muz. Told you not to press the red button .

Comment

I figured that was why I couldn't get on last night. Now the gremlins...

Comment

Ok ,everyone can lie back and relax and have a Beer or a wine and stop stressing .

Comment

Working...
            X