Tried Uploading Pics, NoGo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried Uploading Pics, NoGo

I attempted to upload some pictures today and it won't allow me to do it. Trouble?

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
    I attempted to upload some pictures today and it won't allow me to do it. Trouble?
    Not as far as I know mate ... seems to be ok at this end ?
    unbranded-tam-o-shanter-hat-13-deluxe-c-u-jimmy-.jpg

Are you getting some error message ?

Comment

Are you bring them from your computer ,or a photo hosting site ? If it is a hosting site ,under the code box there is a small box with a tick in it .Click on that to remove the tick ..Our Irish Expert taught me that one .

Comment

It says "[IOErrorEvent type="IOerror" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"] exactly as I have it written. I have been through the drill before and have uploaded files successfully here and at other VBulletin sites without errors. Is there a capacity which we may have met or exceeded? The pics are being uploaded directly from my hard-drive.

Comment

Ok we'll search around on this, what browser are you using, have you tried it with any others ?

what are the approx file sizes, and what format are they ?

find one you cant upload and attach it to a mail to admin@plantandconstruction.co.uk and i'll have a look for you.

There arent any limits that I'm aware of that would cause this, but it might be an issue with the hosts security protocols

What is the total size in mb of you upload ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Also .. were you trying to do a batch at once, or just one file at a time ?
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I started by trying to do a batch, then I went to trying single files. I have 3 different sizes of the same picture. The first was attempt was the resized pic I uploaded to another site successfully. On my computer it is about 275kb, by the time the uploader finishes here, it is more like 75kb. I resized again thinking it was too large and the retry was once again nogo. For grins and giggles, I tried to upload the parent pic (3.4mb) and it went nowhere. The uploader doesn't even start the attempt when I try. I'm using Google Chrome, but didn't try IE7, which is all I can run because I have an XP machine. I am headed out to the CPHQ for the week, so I won't be able to try until next weekend. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                it might be an issue with the hosts security protocols

I think this is our man .. ever since the server move .... they maybe didnt reset some php parameters properly, so I got them to double check and it seems they did need adjusting , see how you go now mate ?

Comment

I think this is our man .. ever since the server move .... they maybe didnt reset some php parameters properly, so I got them to double check and it seems they did need adjusting , see how you go now mate ?

Perfection! Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                    Perfection! Many thanks.
                    No problem Bruce I dont know why some were able to post but others wern't?...anyhoo at least its fixed.

Comment

I dont know why some were able to post but others wern't?...anyhoo at least its fixed.
                      Thats wierd , doesnt make sense to me either

Comment

I tried to upload some pics to a new thread and have run into the same issue as I reported before (in this thread). Some of the settings have either reverted or been reset. I cannot upload any photos.

Comment

Our recent 'offline' events have presumably had the techs altering some settings, i'll raise a ticket

Comment

Should be ok now Bruce

Comment

I just tried again Muz, still the same error message.

Comment

Working...
                              X