Forum upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
    Did the upgrade involve being off line for most of the day here / night there ?
    apparently it went down last night at some point .. Ive have kicked up merry hell .. I managed an upgrade .. a fix... a regrade of some functions in 10 minutes.. I dont think poeple care anymore about some decent hosting
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Forum was off line again for nearly 3 hours muz .from 11 PM your time to now .

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
        Forum was off line again for nearly 3 hours muz .from 11 PM your time to now .
        I filed a report about it last night before I went to bed .. the outages have become unnacceptable, and I am considering our position
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Muzz why are you considering you positiion should it not be you should be considering their position...............
          A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
            Muzz why are you considering you positiion should it not be you should be considering their position...............
            If only it was that simple .. its a pain in the bum to move everything, but you are right, I'm paying for hosting, so we should be getting what we pay for. The thing is, these guys are supposed to be a good outfit, the last lot were rubbish in a lot of ways, but its been hard to see any differences of late with this lot.

I'm trying to believe we just got parked on a shit server, that had some problems, so I'm tempted to sit it out, but, I think they should give us a couple of months free or something because of all the inconvienience.

There is nothing worse than sitting down to a forum and looking forward to reading up on whats been going on, or getting some leads or updates and the thing is dead and not available

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              If only it was that simple ..

There is nothing worse than sitting down to a forum and looking forward to reading up on whats been going on, or getting some leads or updates and the thing is dead and not available
              Not being able to chat to you blokes that the difficult bit.............................

Comment

Muz ,the forum might be off the air more than the hosts will admit to ,I think their servers go into power saving mode at night ..........

Comment

I've been at the CPHQ and missed all the outages. We'll see about the pic-posting and if they are truly "fixed."

Nope, still the same error message. I am still unable to post any pictures.

Comment

I will give the photo posting a go .
                    Right , Top one is from the computer storage , bottom one is via imageshack . No trouble with putting either photo on .
                    .027.jpg

Comment

The Keyboard looks a bit grubby ,you should tell the cat to wash his paws before typing .

Comment

Well thats interesting ... so it could possibly be a computer setting as well ?

I'll post a meassage at VB HQ and see what transpires

Comment

Muz, for the record, my computer is an older machine running Windows XP. I use either Google Chrome or IE7 or 8 as my browser. I do not have trouble uploading to any of the other VBulletin forums I frequent. I am the administrator of the ACMOC bulletin board and we are running VBulletin version 4.1.10.

Comment

Ian why is the Cat blocking the fowler??

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
                              Muz, for the record, my computer is an older machine running Windows XP. I use either Google Chrome or IE7 or 8 as my browser. I do not have trouble uploading to any of the other VBulletin forums I frequent. I am the administrator of the ACMOC bulletin board and we are running VBulletin version 4.1.10.
                              Yeah , I'm fairly certain its more likely to be a server issue myself , but, .. did you configure the ACMOC forum from your machine ?

*Edit* .. one of the techs has asked this Bruce :

Is there a number that appears in the error before the '[IOErrorEvent' part of the message? Do they have flash installed in their browser?

perhaps you could let me know and I shall revert

Comment

As close as it gets for me anyway to live foruming.

Comment

Working...
                                X