Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pumped-storage hydro dam schemes to store wind energy (Scotland)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
    how can 1 man who lives on benifits in a flat in Torry really think that he has a shot at producing something of this scale? even with the best crisis loan in the world you'd maybe get a mini digger hired for a day!!

Maybe its just me but i am very very doubtfull over this 'vision'. It appears to me to be a case of bullshit baffles brains!!
    I take it you guys know each other ?

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
      I take it you guys know each other ?
      actually no!!! but its not hard to find out about him with the power og google!!

Comment

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ed...6908-22815271/
        A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Get to know the man .
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXfRB52WuuE

Comment

How much of the cash are you planning on stumping up for it yourself?? I mean SSE will be looking for handouts but they will be using their own cash too!
            Haha. This guy is a benifits scrounger! He isnt looking to pay, just take!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ed...6908-22815271/

That article bites you in the ass again there peter! Go get a job!

Comment

I gotta admit that this one is my fav -

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/m...p-t244029.html

I love how a member called Franfran has given her thoughts on what he wrote bit by bit!!

Comment

Comical....

Comment

I have seen Peter Dow has been on twice today but not answered any of the questions put to him.

If you google the title of this thread then you come across a political forum where he has proposed this and it looks like he met his match there.

I have been trying and trying but i just cant get my head round how he thinks he can get something like this off the ground with what seems like no previous building experience and no money to even get him to the site never mind build the thing!

Comment

I have been trying and trying but i just cant get my head round how he thinks he can get something like this off the ground with what seems like no previous building experience and no money to even get him to the site never mind build the thing!
                    And why propose something like this with those credentials ? £ kudos £ ? perhaps?

That said there are plenty of bonkers projects that actually seem to get off the ground ?, and he is entitled to his opinion.

So come on Peter .. if youve nothing to do with the industry, who put this idea in your head ? or what made you come up with it ?

Comment

i wish you would change your first name

Comment

Well , I see the storage area for the water , but i see no power station , and i guess more importantly no catch dam to return the water back to the top dam .I would imagine pumping water back up hill is going to take an incredable amount of power .

Comment

Well here's my five cents first of all your 50 get a job you f*&#ing @@@@er!! And your dam idea won't work you'll burn whatever electricity you've made with that dam pumping that water back up hill, just build a couple of nuclear reactors if you need power so badly it's not like your in a big seismic zone in Scotland. And third of all I thought this forum was mostly about construction equipment, job sites, and other earthmoving type activities? Though I don't mind making fun of a 50 year old virgin. Lol!

Comment

Video which illustrates the principle of using wind turbines and pumped storage hydro dam schemes together.

Comment

Very good more bullshit to baffle brains but still no answers to the previous questions??

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but when I was at school a pumped storage scheme generated electricity at peak times for high demand, and used cheaper off peak electricity to pump the water back up again, or at least what could not be replenished natutally by natural precipitation.

Why the need for more blooming wind turbines ?

Also a have a pal who has put a huge turbine up in his front field, on his farm... said it cost him a £million, and he said it turns day and night, and over the last two years it only stopped turning for 2 days in all that time, so again ? why the need for more wind turbines, if they are properly sited, which all gets checked out before they are built, they'll hardly ever stop turning, so if thats the case why the need for a pump storage scheme aswell for that matter ?
                                Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
                                X