Tilting buckets,the market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
    I had thought of that but felt it could be in the way when fitting/removing the bucket from the machine.
    That leads me to another question.Technically the cylinder should have a cross line relief valve to keep it where you set it but most tiltys don`t have them and they tend to get removed from the ones that do have them.
    I can understand the problem which seems to be that with the valve fitted there is problems with the cylinder barrelling.This is because the oil is trapped in the cylinder by the valve and if it gets over pressurised by say the operator pressing down with a corner of the bucket it has nowhere to go but past the piston.
    This can be avoided by fitting a cylinder that is man enough for the job but then cost comes in to it and the answer seems to be leave the valve out and let the machine relief valve take care of any pressure spikes in the system.
    What`s the thoughts on that?
    I couldn't find emoticon for over my head ! I don't know about the tech side but I had one on a 13 tonne duck and done thousands hours with it with no probs and it was very Heath Robinson . I don't recall any valves on it . In fact I think I have a pic of it somewhere , if I find it tomorrow I will post it .

Vin

Comment

I have been considering getting a 1.5-2.5 tonne machine and inquired about tilt buckets available locally, I think the highest price I've been quoted was about $2,000 Cad. I was told the minimum width they can make them is about 30 inches in order to have sufficent room to mount a ram. Normally the favoured tilt bucket here is on a machine ranging in size from about 14 tonne to 35 tonne and uses two large diameter single acting rams, this eliminates any special valving commonly found on mass produced buckets. Plus the larger ram can withstand more abuse. But with mini-excavators becoming more popular over tractor backhoes it is becoming the norm to see a tilt bucket on a mini. I used one on a five tonner a few years ago I think it was about 30 inches wide and custom made but again due to space limitations it had a single double acting ram. I have seen these however all over the net which could help with that space limitation problem if anybody is looking to build their own I don't have much knowledge on them and how strong they are but it's a start.

http://www.helac.com/products-servic...ary-actuators/

Comment

Do you use it much?
        Have many people admired its usefulness?
        Yeah I used it a lot! Is a great thing to have. The more you can get your machine to do the better in my book! Yeah folks have admired how handy it is for raking and I use it as a riddle bucket too!

Comment

Right sir I am interested in a tilting bucket for my JCB 8018! How much roughly would it cost I have a ditching bucket that has the brackets cut off that I could send you to work on of your interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
            Right sir I am interested in a tilting bucket for my JCB 8018! How much roughly would it cost I have a ditching bucket that has the brackets cut off that I could send you to work on of your interested?
            Me too Gridley

Also have bucket spare , mine is Hanix. H26 B

Vin

ps where are you based? Would Gary at Daviot be much nearer for me

Comment

No offence guys,but I don`t do mods,it`s new stuff only.
              Gary at Daviot OTOH,is set up for repairs and it`s his primary business.He also makes new buckets.
              I am in Central Scotland and supply Gary with pins and bosses and the odd small bucket.
              At the moment I`m not making tilting buckets but am considering it hence the original post.
              The bucket design we have at the moment is not ideal for using as a base for a tilty so it means starting from scratch.
              Once I`ve settled on a design,I need to do a costing on it and then decide if worth going any further.
              If it looks promising I then do prototypes then a batch and see how they sell.
              I`m working on it just now but there is other stuff which has priority.

Comment

No offence guys,but I don`t do mods,it`s new stuff only.
                Gary at Daviot OTOH,is set up for repairs and it`s his primary business.He also makes new buckets.
                I am in Central Scotland and supply Gary with pins and bosses and the odd small bucket.
                At the moment I`m not making tilting buckets but am considering it hence the original post.
                The bucket design we have at the moment is not ideal for using as a base for a tilty so it means starting from scratch.
                Once I`ve settled on a design,I need to do a costing on it and then decide if worth going any further.
                If it looks promising I then do prototypes then a batch and see how they sell.
                I`m working on it just now but there is other stuff which has priority.
                Ok Gridley
                was worth a try though
                i will speak to Gary as soon as I get a chance to get out to him .

Vin

Comment

Sorry if myself and vin insulted you I thought you were looking for a project so I offed my bucket as a blank bucket with no brackets on it so you could experiment on. I was willing to pay.

Keep us informed with how you get on in this venture.

I have been filling in tracks on uneven ground so as I am driving sideways alon pg the track a tilting bucket would be ideal to help follow the contours of the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
                    Sorry if myself and vin insulted you .
                    No insult taken Jim nor did I think you wanted a freebie.
                    I just don`t have the time to spare to deviate from what needs done.

Comment

No insult taken Jim nor did I think you wanted a freebie.
                      I just don`t have the time to spare to deviate from what needs done.
                      Thats ok then sir, didn't want to think we had offended you! I wish I had the know how to make one myself though!

Comment

The width of the bucket is down to how much angle you want more angle, longer ram , wider bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                          The width of the bucket is down to how much angle you want more angle, longer ram , wider bucket
                          So what kind of angle for a standard 36 inch ditches for a 1.5 tonner?

Comment

Probably manage about 40degrees but what I tend to do is reduce the profile of the bucket and make it wider , at the end of the day it's for formation not muck shifting so you don't need a bg capacity bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                              Probably manage about 40degrees but what I tend to do is reduce the profile of the bucket and make it wider , at the end of the day it's for formation not muck shifting so you don't need a bg capacity bucket
                              And what do they cost? Can you show us examples? Do you have a website?

Comment

Not coming back? Or busy engineering me a tilting bucket?

Comment

Working...
                                X