No announcement yet.

Menzi Muck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same number of controls on left stick too !
    as said earlier in thread its a very compact upper structure centralised mass you could say there is not a lot of spare room in there fortunately the cab tips to give reasonable accesses need some decent crows feet for some of the pipes though

Comment

20140902_125252.jpg20141016_112142.jpg20141016_115205.jpg20141016_125948.jpg

Just a few to show how handy it can be to have the flexibility of the Menzi undercarriage the last 3 pictures where mulching rhododendron next to a road that has very little traffic but a fair few cyclists and a lot of pedestrians road could not be shut for works so that ruled out a long reach sat on road had a banksman that was holding traffic into bunches then stopping me via radio the other option was screen the whole road to avoid any chance of wood chip making contact with anyone 5 miles to phone signal so a cyclist on road with a wood chip stuck in his neck would have bleed out before help have been anywhere near Got to Keep Safe even out in the woods

Comment

Originally posted by Menzi Man View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2757[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2759[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2760[/ATTACH]

Just a few to show how handy it can be to have the flexibility of the Menzi undercarriage the last 3 pictures where mulching rhododendron next to a road that has very little traffic but a fair few cyclists and a lot of pedestrians road could not be shut for works so that ruled out a long reach sat on road had a banksman that was holding traffic into bunches then stopping me via radio the other option was screen the whole road to avoid any chance of wood chip making contact with anyone 5 miles to phone signal so a cyclist on road with a wood chip stuck in his neck would have bleed out before help have been anywhere near Got to Keep Safe even out in the woods
        Is that mulcher or brushcutter a flail type? I used a disc type last year on a ZX160 that had an extra pump fitted to run the mulcher but working close to roads you had to be very careful but because of it's design the open side of the disc allowed you to cut and fall large trees so you could safely mulch them on the ground without having to worry about them falling on the machine or on to a road.

Comment

Great pix ! .. do you have a setting for road travel where all legs return to a central and equal position ? .. or do you just 'wing it' ?
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

He he ... it would be great fun 'stepping over' a Mini or the like in a queue of traffic

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              Just keep 'em comin' Sean - it's an amazing weapon!!
              Well it's a strange looking bit of kit, but I can see it would have many uses, not much it could be put to doing.

Mick

Comment

115.jpg
                Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                Is that mulcher or brushcutter a flail type? I used a disc type last year on a ZX160 that had an extra pump fitted to run the mulcher but working close to roads you had to be very careful but because of it's design the open side of the disc allowed you to cut and fall large trees so you could safely mulch them on the ground without having to worry about them falling on the machine or on to a road.

That one was free swinging flails on the flat disc type through a lot more stuff out in a less controlled manner

Comment

Yeah the disc type is a lot more dangerous. My friend bought a 56" one this year to fit on his 210 Kobelco with the free swinging flails he said it works great but is more maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                    Great pix ! .. do you have a setting for road travel where all legs return to a central and equal position ? .. or do you just 'wing it' ?
                    No road setting all leg controls are seat of pants feel but if you pull back legs right in then pull fronts in by eye from seat its not far off most traffic jump out of your way any way with a WTF expression

s THAT

Comment

No road setting all leg controls are seat of pants feel but if you pull back legs right in then pull fronts in by eye from seat its not far off most traffic jump out of your way any way with a WTF expression

s THAT
                      That I can believe

So .. it must be a pig to drive on the road then (not that you would need that often) .. because if any axle is closer or on a different radius .. to steer it must be all over the shop ? Plus give brutal tyre wear
                      Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by 245dlc View Post
                        Yeah the disc type is a lot more dangerous. My friend bought a 56" one this year to fit on his 210 Kobelco with the free swinging flails he said it works great but is more maintenance.
                        On windows!!!
                        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

s THAT
                          That I can believe

So .. it must be a pig to drive on the road then (not that you would need that often) .. because if any axle is closer or on a different radius .. to steer it must be all over the shop ? Plus give brutal tyre wear

Sounds like great sport .... for frightening the bejeezus out of any rush hour traffic ....... anywhere
                          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

well as many of you will have seen elsewhere the beast is for sale to make way for future plans unfortunatly you cant do everything It has been put on the market with the tilt hitch and the 2 Buckets but canbe sold with a mix and match of the attachments i have
                            Finance and delivery can be arranged if required drop me a message and iwill get back to you if your interested

Sean

Comment

well as many of you will have seen elsewhere the beast is for sale to make way for future plans unfortunatly you cant do everything It has been put on the market with the tilt hitch and the 2 Buckets but canbe sold with a mix and match of the attachments i have
                              Finance and delivery can be arranged if required drop me a message and iwill get back to you if your interested

Sean
                              Oooh ? .. whats the next plan ? ... was tough getting work for it ?

Comment

Oooh ? .. whats the next plan ? ... was tough getting work for it ?
                                Its not bad to be fair never going to be an every day machine but then you earn a years £ for a 13tonner in 6weeks
                                The next plan is Opps cant tell yet

Comment

Working...
                                X