New contractor pro T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modifcations

some bits i have done to mine , toolbox stays dry and door stays clean now ,waiting to see how long the rubbers last
    do very little front bucket work so probably won't bother
    shame the machine is not without issues again
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seanlogie View Post
      Well new machine has been earning her keep , been pulling deep sewer lines this week (3.5mtr dig +tails) . Grounds conditions are very hard ,mixed blue clay and rotten rock ,Jacob seems to be handling it ok .
      That's quite a depth for a Jakie mate! - should think you're moving pretty frequently
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Nope auto jacks aren't a load of bollocks as you put it ,very handy in my opinion,my arsh is my level .

Just wish JCB would pay attention to the smaller details ...like when the toolbox lid is opened .what ever's lying on the lid ends up in the toolbox . Front bucket pins ....why the hell don't they devise someway to keep the shite out of the pins when the inevitable overfilling of the front bucket happens and it lands right on the pin !!! ,i'm actually toying with the idea of fitting big "O" rings to see if it'll work . Probably wont but worth a try ..... .Decent mirrors ,a fisheye would be handy . On my last machine i was on the hunt for the coffee machine ,have since learnt that it's a total gimmick ,takes 10min to boil and machine has to be stationary ,sometime i don't even get 10min .
        Can see the self stow feature being handy - pull and spin and by the time you're in gear they're up and no worries!!

Isn't everyone's "arsh"? ....... that and my eyeballs
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
          some bits i have done to mine , toolbox stays dry and door stays clean now ,waiting to see how long the rubbers last
          do very little front bucket work so probably won't bother
          shame the machine is not without issues again
          Liking the 'O' rings ,do you have a part number or name of part. This is what i'm planning for the front bucket pins aswell . .
          Dial before you dig

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            That's quite a depth for a Jakie mate! - should think you're moving pretty frequently
            Yeh and it's going to get deeper,surprising how quick the track can be dug though considering the depth .
            Dial before you dig

Comment

Sean , I have seen angle iron welded just above the top bucket pivots to deflect the spillage awayfrom the pin .Pwn Cat 939 Drott has pieces of conveyor belt bolted about the top pins to do the same thing . If i think of it , i will get a photo of it tomorrow .

Comment

O rings

Liking the 'O' rings ,do you have a part number or name of part. This is what i'm planning for the front bucket pins aswell . .
                they are the rubbers out of Talbot 63mm pushfit couplings , had some old ones at work so thought i would give them a try

Comment

Originally posted by ianoz View Post
                  Sean , I have seen angle iron welded just above the top bucket pivots to deflect the spillage awayfrom the pin .Pwn Cat 939 Drott has pieces of conveyor belt bolted about the top pins to do the same thing . If i think of it , i will get a photo of it tomorrow .
                  Dial before you dig

Comment

Originally posted by d4c24a View Post
                    they are the rubbers out of Talbot 63mm pushfit couplings , had some old ones at work so thought i would give them a try

Like it , aye the O rings don't need to sit on the pin at all . Where you have them will suffice
                    Dial before you dig

Comment

Yeh and it's going to get deeper,surprising how quick the track can be dug though considering the depth .
                      Yeh - you can really haul it out when you're heading for Oz

Comment

Like it , aye the O rings don't need to sit on the pin at all . Where you have them will suffice
                        very true that - never really thought of that before - just need to form a bit of a cover/seal to keep the crap out

Comment

Yeh - you can really haul it out when you're heading for Oz

Haul it ....no!!! progress ..... yeh
                          Dial before you dig

Comment

Haul it ....no!!! progress ..... yeh
                            LOL ....... any way up ..... you're proper filling that bucket on a regular basis

Comment

LOL ....... any way up ..... you're proper filling that bucket on a regular basis
                              Teeth were nearly had it after two days digging ,think i'm going to have shanks n tips fitted .What you think ?. JCB teeth aren't what they used to be IMO.
                              Dial before you dig

Comment

only two days digging!!!!!!! I got buckets here with teeth older than Methusula and they're pretty fair - bet they've done a bit more than two days diggin' in their lives!!

Comment

Working...
                                X