Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo EC15B XTV service manual

Hi,

found your forum just recently and this is the post #1.

Have the Volvo model excavator as described in the title; year 2003.

would like to be able to service the exc. properly.

Have googled for the service / workshop manuals. There are many options with various prices as well. Is any of these good and provide the manual if paid?

tnx in advance

Matti, Finland

Hi Matti .. I don't own a workshop manual for these diggers, but have used them for 15 years or so... and should be able to help you with what ever it is you want to know , let alone what ever else is here on the forum ?... also welcome
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hi Matti .. I don't own a workshop manual for these diggers, but have used them for 15 years or so... and should be able to help you with what ever it is you want to know , let alone what ever else is here on the forum ?... also welcome
      Great!

Thanks for welcoming me here. Online type of help sounds very good. I've been working with a Hilux and miscellanous electrical installations including design of electrical appliances. Hydraulics is a new area to me, but i've started studies by watching Youtube-videos.

The -15b is my 1st exc. and even though dont feel like Alice in wonderland, feel like needing more info on the machine.

Started overhaul by changing the belt, drive oil, engine oil and filter. Now planning for the bush-pin- overhaul. The bushes are oval shape and the pins are undersized. Found L&S Engineers having a nice offer on the bushes and pins. Any experiences on those?

br

m

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
        Found L&S Engineers having a nice offer on the bushes and pins. Any experiences on those?
        Cant say Ive used those guys, but as long as the pins and bushes are to the correct size specifications you should be fine, what ones are you doing and what method will you use to get the old bushes out ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cant say Ive used those guys, but as long as the pins and bushes are to the correct size specifications you should be fine, what ones are you doing and what method will you use to get the old bushes out ?
          The parts are most likely good and far better the ones that I have now .

Plan to change the one around the bucket, push arm and cylinder lower end. Have thought of various methods of taking bushes out and the most likely way is to run a big bolt through the bush, have some pieces of duct, washers and nuts. These should form a mechanical extractor when turning the nut. Just can't tell if this would work. Another plan is to use a bottlejack together with a specially constructed chassis enabling the jack to pull out the bush. Third option is to take piece of aluminium shaft, put some grease under it and start hammering the bush out.

Any advive on which method to choose?

Comment

Your problem will be that the bushes will be worn to a point that there will be very little metal left I would imagine,particularly at the bucket, the fastest way is if you know someone with an oxy acetylene torch. With skilful use, you can just burn a small slice through the side of the bush and then collapse it in on its self, and knock it out from the other side. Your local garage might be able to help ?

Comment

The parts are most likely good and far better the ones that I have now .

Plan to change the one around the bucket, push arm and cylinder lower end. Have thought of various methods of taking bushes out and the most likely way is to run a big bolt through the bush, have some pieces of duct, washers and nuts. These should form a mechanical extractor when turning the nut. Just can't tell if this would work. Another plan is to use a bottlejack together with a specially constructed chassis enabling the jack to pull out the bush. Third option is to take piece of aluminium shaft, put some grease under it and start hammering the bush out.

Any advive on which method to choose?
              Your problem will be that the bushes will be worn to a point that there will be very little metal left I would imagine,particularly at the bucket, the fastest way is if you know someone with an oxy acetylene torch. With skilful use, you can just burn a small slice through the side of the bush and then collapse it in on its self, and knock it out from the other side. Your local garage might be able to help ?
              Well, there's still a lot of material left and the bushes measure between 30,13...30,58 mm and pins accordingly 29,34...29,60mm. Bush OD is 40mm leaving good 4,5mm wall thickness on all sides.

Acetylene torch is not available but I was adviced to use a normal metal hand saw to cut the bush.

Maybe the situation is not critical yet, but would like all be in good shape.

Comment

Well, there's still a lot of material left and the bushes measure between 30,13...30,58 mm and pins accordingly 29,34...29,60mm. Bush OD is 40mm leaving good 4,5mm wall thickness on all sides.

Acetylene torch is not available but I was adviced to use a normal metal hand saw to cut the bush.

Maybe the situation is not critical yet, but would like all be in good shape.
                Yeah sounds like plenty of wear left !

You will have a job cutting them, because they are hardened, also sometimes there is a raised central section between the outer bushes preventing you cutting all the way through, sometimes if there is enough of a lip, they will knock out, if they are not too worn

Comment

Yeah sounds like plenty of wear left !

You will have a job cutting them, because they are hardened, also sometimes there is a raised central section between the outer bushes preventing you cutting all the way through, sometimes if there is enough of a lip, they will knock out, if they are not too worn
                  You're right.

Sounds like vutting through the hardened steel would require several days off the daily work and that leaves me with the only option of constructing a special pushing tool with a hydraulic jack that can be operated horizontally. (Not all work horizontally) A 20 ton jack might be enough.

Will post a pic. when have the pusher constructed.

Comment

Would be good to see that ... Its a shame you cant get a gas cutting torch on them, because you can get them out in a few minutes that way

Comment

I assume that you are talking a 'top hat' shaped bush here Muz, with the flange on the outer face?

Mattir .... could you get a 'top hat' shaped blank 'thick washer' type of boss made up (without a the washer's hole), with the hat's 'brim' a little less than the bush's OD and the other dia to fit in the bush .... insert that in the bush and then use a pin to hammer them out from the opposite side of the bucket/dipper/etc.???
                      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
                      X