Hitachi EX75UR-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    I'd be putting summat a bit more substantial under the frame boyo ..... like some good solid timber cribbing
    I usually work with the machine jacked on the arm , you wont be going under it, so no problem there .. the reason is, because when it comes to getting the track off, after you've gained some slack in it, its helpful to lower the machine down a bit, so the track is now touching the ground, this allows you to work with the 'slack' , and not have it under tension by its own weight, and makes it easier to lever off the idler as you have more loose track to play with
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Sounds easy enough, was thinking of using the back or curled edge of the bucket to push the idler in? Only in small increments though as its never good to bottom shafting out.
      I had a flick through the manual and found the part about taking the cylinder apart, that wont be happening as I need a jig for it. We don't have any sheet steel thick enough for me to make one either.

Also please see the attached photo of the position of the idler wheel on the problem track before adjustment. Is this too far out? The other side is the same and doesn't wiggle which isnt filling me with confidence.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Locofitter View Post
        Sounds easy enough, was thinking of using the back or curled edge of the bucket to push the idler in?
        The redneck method depends on the reach of your machine.... offset helps here
        Also please see the attached photo of the position of the idler wheel on the problem track before adjustment. Is this too far out? The other side is the same and doesn't wiggle which isnt filling me with confidence.
        Seen worse
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Max digging reach of 6430mm, 1100mm offset left and right side. Loads of reach and offset, one reason why I dont really want to get rid of this thing.

It appears that the track adjuster comes out as one unit with the spring inside it so nothing will ping out at Mach 1 speed?
          Attached Files

Comment

Stop the bus ! .. that looks like the piston has a cap on it that prevents it over extending .. thats why it wont go out any further

Comment

Yes indeed, I saw item 7 this morning (think its item 7). Still might take it out to have a look at it, must be a reason for it wobbling left to right.
              Thinking about it, one of the old blokes there said when he adjusted the track a while ago it went slack again the next day? Would it be possible that grease is passing through item 8?

Comment

Yes indeed, I saw item 7 this morning (think its item 7). Still might take it out to have a look at it, must be a reason for it wobbling left to right.
                Thinking about it, one of the old blokes there said when he adjusted the track a while ago it went slack again the next day? Would it be possible that grease is passing through item 8?
                Thats what I was originally asking as it would suggest piston seal failure. It wobbles because of carriage wear at full extension, the forks on the undercarriage have possibly splayed a little, and the end cap is item 10, looking at it again its possible the piston might still be able to come out, it depends on what 7/8 is made like .. anyways enough analysis time to haul... and break sweat

Comment

Indeed, I shall crack on with it next week when it's repaired. In the mean time I want to try and find a grease nipple for the track adjuster.
                  Do you happen to know if these are standard parts across most machines, or are they all different?

Comment

Found a dipstick behind the boom, checked OEM manual and found it to be the swing device oil dipstick/filler cap. Dry as a bone! Had a struggle getting the filler cap off.
                    Refilled and swings much smoother, might drain the fluid out and refill it if I can find the drain screw just to be sure as it's been empty for some years, it seems.

The stick ram is back on now, machinists did a fantastic job of it.

The saga continues...

Comment

Found a dipstick behind the boom, checked OEM manual and found it to be the swing device oil dipstick/filler cap. Dry as a bone! Had a struggle getting the filler cap off.
                      Refilled and swings much smoother, might drain the fluid out and refill it if I can find the drain screw just to be sure as it's been empty for some years, it seems.

The stick ram is back on now, machinists did a fantastic job of it.

The saga continues...
                      You'd have to wonder where the slew oil went ? should be ep80/90 in there IIRC

Comment

My first thoughts indeed, seems to be holding oil in there at present though. Put ISO32 in there as we had nothing suitable on site.
                        Was informed that the machine was nigh on brand new when bought a number of years ago, shame really.

Comment

Issues now sorted, machine runs fine.

Have purchased 80 of the rubber track shoes so fitting them next week hopefully. Just wanted to ask about buckets.
                          We are looking for a 4ft length grading/ditching bucket, as I understand it they only really come in 5ft length sizes.
                          Does anyone have a person of whom I can contact who is able to build buckets to custom sizes?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Issues now sorted, machine runs fine.

Have purchased 80 of the rubber track shoes so fitting them next week hopefully. Just wanted to ask about buckets.
                            We are looking for a 4ft length grading/ditching bucket, as I understand it they only really come in 5ft length sizes.
                            Does anyone have a person of whom I can contact who is able to build buckets to custom sizes?

Thanks for the help.
                            If your machine has a hydraulic hitch on it .. it may be able to pick up a variety of pin and gap sizes, so you dont have to limit yourself to hitachi buckets

Anyways .. more to the point .. have you got that hydraulic oil out of your slew pot yet and put in the correct EP 90 that it should be ? .. those seals wont be designed for a thin oil like that, and the heavy contact loads on the gears wont be likeing it either

Comment

Hi Muz,

We dont have semi quick hitch or quick hitch, just the old two pin type with hitachi locking rings. Oils have been flushed and the proper oil put in. Reminds me I need to order more oil.
                              Do you know of anyone who can supply a 4ft grading/ditching bucket?

Comment

Hi Muz,

We dont have semi quick hitch or quick hitch, just the old two pin type with hitachi locking rings. Oils have been flushed and the proper oil put in. Reminds me I need to order more oil.
                                Do you know of anyone who can supply a 4ft grading/ditching bucket?
                                Yeah theres loads try these guys

http://www.digbits.co.uk/

https://www.whitesmh.co.uk/excavator-products/

Comment

Working...
                                X