801.4 rubber track adjustment ,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 801.4 rubber track adjustment ,

disaster today! adjustment for tracks rusted,and it would appear no way of accessing unless one turns the machine upside down, even then the area where the sliding mechanism is is rusted completely, has anyone any ideas? maybe I should locate another chassis with tracks?

You should be able to access the adjuster nut, through a small pointed plate on the side, page 151 in the manual.

Comment

hi Pete,

i tried that first, the nut, bolt whatever is just flopping around in the breeze and i cannot see the end of it, i presume it pushes a slider but its all so rusty, .

i am going to take track off and see if i can view more of the problem, doesn't look good ! will check the other side before I do that, but i do not think its any different.

Comment

track adjustment drawing/photo

hi, I am still trying to work out the mechanism for adjusting tracks, and may have to re-fabricate all the mechanism, does anyone have a photo or exploded diagram of the slide/spring etc. thanking you in anticipation

Comment

stripped both sides today

IMG_20170606_150817.jpgIMG_20170606_151413.jpg

Comment

Go to page 155 Terry, an exploded view for you.

Comment

Thank you , Pete i had to reprint that as did not have pages, I have them apart now, the threads are stripped on large adjustment bolts and in the collar inside,

will attempt to cut larger diameter thread and get some bolts made to suit.

thanks again

terry

Originally posted by 2414.ginger View Post
              Go to page 155 Terry, an exploded view for you.

Comment

Working...
              X