Stewartbob EC15 Solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ec15b

Thanks mum, I will have a look at it 2moro when i get back from work ,and let you know how i get on, and what i find . Cheers, stewartbob

Comment

is that the one you did recently Muz ... the total b'astard to get at ?
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        is that the one you did recently Muz ... the total b'astard to get at ?
        Yeah i did do one recently....didn't think i posted about it ? Must be losing it
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Yeah i did do one recently....didn't think i posted about it ? Must be losing it
          Might have been added to an old thread IIRC Muz .......had to take off god knows how many pipes to get at the bugger in a shite-hole position underneath? .... maybe a month or so ago ??
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Might have been added to an old thread IIRC Muz .......had to take off god knows how many pipes to get at the bugger in a shite-hole position underneath? .... maybe a month or so ago ??
            just looked ------ can't search your posts far enough back mate .... is there no facility to search all posts by a particular member ... like on you know where ?

Comment

got it

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.uk/showthread.php?2042-Volvo-EC15B-XTV-Solenoid-coil/page2&highlight=solenoid+coil

Comment

Ec15b

Hi muz , i managed to get the floor out today, found the solenoid located in , most probably the worst place they could find to place it, i managed to get my fingers onto it and it feels like the flat surfaces of the square cube have bulged out , looks like it will be a proper little swine to replace , can I take that all associated hoses around the area need to be disconnected to enable replacement .? is there anything I need to be aware of. Also where would I find the part number, and any idea where I can buy one , cheers bud. Ps sorry for the typo last night calling you mum, finding it hard to type with a cast on my broken arm.

Comment

got it

http://www.plantandconstruction.co.uk/showthread.php?2042-Volvo-EC15B-XTV-Solenoid-coil/page2&highlight=solenoid+coil
                  So I did whole thread here http://www.plantandconstruction.co.u...=solenoid+coil

Originally posted by Stewartbob View Post
                  Hi muz , i managed to get the floor out today, found the solenoid located in , most probably the worst place they could find to place it, i managed to get my fingers onto it and it feels like the flat surfaces of the square cube have bulged out , looks like it will be a proper little swine to replace , can I take that all associated hoses around the area need to be disconnected to enable replacement .? is there anything I need to be aware of. Also where would I find the part number, and any idea where I can buy one , cheers bud. Ps sorry for the typo last night calling you mum, finding it hard to type with a cast on my broken arm.
                  Now then Stewartbob .. that thread above should shine some light on the issue .. the problem is that the shaft the solenoid sits on is butted against a main former of the diggers lower tray, so you cant slide it off in situ... you have to slacken and remove two bolts underneath the main tray on the underside of the digger to allow the anodised block to move, then remove several pipes off it to get it out, (they are all short and rigid so really need to come off) or at least reposition it to allow you to slip off the solenoid. You'll need to go to your volvo dealer for a replacement I'm afraid ... and hey .. I've been called a lot worse than mum .... and in any case, how do you work on a bitch job like this with a broken arm ? you have my respect Sir
                  Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ec15b

Cheers muz , i am away on holiday on Sat for a week so will order the part for when I get back , one last question before I go , do I need to drain the hydraulic system before disconnecting the pipes ? I will let you know how get on when I get back. Oh, and the broken arm has been a real pain in the butt but the cast comes off on Friday so I can fly, cheers bud.

Comment

Cheers muz , i am away on holiday on Sat for a week so will order the part for when I get back , one last question before I go , do I need to drain the hydraulic system before disconnecting the pipes ? I will let you know how get on when I get back. Oh, and the broken arm has been a real pain in the butt but the cast comes off on Friday so I can fly, cheers bud.
                      I'd eyeball the solenoid first to be sure it's it that's the fault, and yes the pipes will lose oil if you don't plug em, but not very quickly cos they aren't tank side, so you won't lose much during the job, half a gallon or so, so don't do it over your newly laid monoblock drive way for example

Comment

Might not even be the coil guys....

had me own solenoid issues this afters

Stuck the VA-r on to unload a trailer full of hedge with the grab and running through the motions, as i do when i mount it ... swivel, hitch, but no tilt ?? .... funny ... fine last time I used it

so.... covers off and dive into the guts ... and find this

Not good !!

rest looked fine so at a loss to explain why/how this is in this state ?

Had to cut the socket up to get the bugger off the coil ... and even then took some removal

Technical term for this is completely ****ed

so afore ye go rushing out buying expensive coils ...... make sure the 10 bob DIN plug is OK

Yer'll have to eyeball my thread to see any more ....... later when i get round to posting

This has only been on here two years max. and was all brand new going in. ..... it's not the first DIN I've had give me trouble either .. had one go faulty in the 'Drema's own wiring too and that was a total b'stard to find.

Oh and this one above was blowing fuses ..... as you'd expect

WP_20170803_15_59_21_Pro.jpgWP_20170803_15_59_27_Pro.jpg WP_20170803_16_10_23_Pro.jpgWP_20170803_18_58_02_Pro.jpg

Comment

So .. looks like two faults there a: its not sealed (obvs) but also b:looks like its been holding some residual current in it , that would explain the rapid and total demise

Comment

So .. looks like two faults there a: its not sealed (obvs) but also b:looks like its been holding some residual current in it , that would explain the rapid and total demise
                            Fitted in an identical manner to the other six of its mates Muz .... and none of them have shipped moisture ? They all live under covers

Plus it's been sat on the floor, disconnected from the lectrickery for weeks. When it's on the 'Drema it only has power in use .. I isolate the batteries whenever it's standing ...... certainly well ****ed ........ and bloody annoying.

Imagine trying to find that with a solid black placcy cover !!

I like the LED DINs .... least you can tell if the juice is getting there at a glance ............ usually

Comment

Stewartbob

Hi muz, today I TOOK the steel block that holds the solenoid, it looks as if it has mellted and protruded bulged out on 2 sides with what looks like a plastic tube that has melted out of it, i think this is my problem and will order a replacement part this week , anything I should look out for when refitting this .? Cheers bud , ps had a fab holiday and had my cast taken off

Comment

Hi muz, today I TOOK the steel block that holds the solenoid, it looks as if it has mellted and protruded bulged out on 2 sides with what looks like a plastic tube that has melted out of it, i think this is my problem and will order a replacement part this week , anything I should look out for when refitting this .? Cheers bud , ps had a fab holiday and had my cast taken off
                                Jobs a good 'un then .... think they are about 70 beer vouchers ... btw ..reason I was asking earlier if yours was XT model (which has double speed travel) is cos it uses the same solenoid for the high travel speed that you can rob for the main hydraulics just to get you going again

Comment

Working...
                                X