basic question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basic question

I live on a single track lane and about to go clearing snow , if for some reason it ( jcb 801.4) breaks down how is it possible to move it and how please-can it be towed?

If its a non runner , unless you can pull the sun gear out of the planetary reduction drive hubs, she wont roll anywhere ! And I suspect that wont be possible on your machine , it means stripping the face plate off the hubs, and most small motors are encased, and cannot be split from the outside, so it will be stranded I'm afraid. might be possible to drag it though ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      If its a non runner , unless you can pull the sun gear out of the planetary reduction drive hubs, she wont roll anywhere ! And I suspect that wont be possible on your machine , it means stripping the face plate off the hubs, and most small motors are encased, and cannot be split from the outside, so it will be stranded I'm afraid. might be possible to drag it though ?
      thanks for your reply Muz, until today its something I had never considered ( i.e how to shift a broken down digger!). Thankfully she has worked her heart out for 2 days on snow clearance and no issues.I suppose dragging her with tractor would have been the only solution.

Comment

This may be a wacky suggestion but if you have the right hoses, fittings and power pack output/another digger - I wonder if you could pipe the final drives onto the pack or other digger, operate a service to move the failed digger?
        hmmm.

Comment

Working...
        X