Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kx 71 Slew ring wear. help needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Dangermouse74;22765]
    Originally posted by v8druid View Post
    Is it best to start a new thread in the plant section?
    Always
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

[QUOTE=Muz;22766]
      Originally posted by Dangermouse74 View Post

Always
      Great, cheers Muz I will try and do it from my smart phone (only as 'smart' as the operator I have found!) as that's where pics are.........could take some time

Comment

[QUOTE=Dangermouse74;22767]
        Originally posted by Muz View Post

Great, cheers Muz I will try and do it from my smart phone (only as 'smart' as the operator I have found!) as that's where pics are.........could take some time
        Nah .. its a doddle ... if its any easier bear in mind the forum has two modes .. full windows mode or a streamlined mobile only mode which you might find easier to use from a smaller smart phone
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

[QUOTE=Muz;22768]

Nah .. its a doddle ... if its any easier bear in mind the forum has two modes .. full windows mode or a streamlined mobile only mode which you might find easier to use from a smaller smart phone
          Ah ok, cheers buddy will have a look

Comment

my 19" desktop, flat screen, is as small as I wanna go for playing on't t'internet ..... phones is fer talking, texting and taking pix...... here endeth the sermon

Have enough trouble, some times, on this
            If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
              my 19" desktop, flat screen, is as small as I wanna go for playing on't t'internet ..... phones is fer talking, texting and taking pix...... here endeth the sermon

Have enough trouble, some times, on this
              Agreed Normally conduct all business on laptop so I can see it. Phone is also handy for taking pics though as I have usually got it on me when opportunity arises (the sighting of a rare digger or tractor in its native habitat for example).
              Just saves transferring pics to laptop

Comment

Just saves transferring pics to laptop
                Yeah thats true the selector is the drop down switch bottom left .. its on the bottom somewhere on the mobile format too.

As an aside .. the reason why your slew ring might have been dry is that the greaser pipe might have blown off the fitting inside the machine. The grease points are on the front, and they use a small plastic pipe to take the grease from there to the relevant area, but if the grease area becomes dry and /or the pipe gets blocked... Jimmy the workshop wonder continues to pump like the blazes on the gun and the result is a blown pipe or Ive even seen them burst, sooo .. when you are greasing it . get a good look inside and make sure the pipes are intact. There should be no effort required on the gun to pump it .. if there is .. you may have a restriction somehow

Comment

Yeah thats true the selector is the drop down switch bottom left .. its on the bottom somewhere on the mobile format too.

As an aside .. the reason why your slew ring might have been dry is that the greaser pipe might have blown off the fitting inside the machine. The grease points are on the front, and they use a small plastic pipe to take the grease from there to the relevant area, but if the grease area becomes dry and /or the pipe gets blocked... Jimmy the workshop wonder continues to pump like the blazes on the gun and the result is a blown pipe or Ive even seen them burst, sooo .. when you are greasing it . get a good look inside and make sure the pipes are intact. There should be no effort required on the gun to pump it .. if there is .. you may have a restriction somehow
                  That is a good point Muz, I will have a good look tomorrow

Comment

Checked the grease lines today Muz and all looks good. Popped inspection plate off underneath too and could see fresh grease around bearing and from the pinion lube points
                    Gave her a load more grease too- that bearing is well packed now

Comment

Checked the grease lines today Muz and all looks good. Popped inspection plate off underneath too and could see fresh grease around bearing and from the pinion lube points
                      Gave her a load more grease too- that bearing is well packed now
                      I'm glad to hear that .. I woke one night in my bed and thought I should have mentioned this very important point in my earlier posts ... no I'm not obsessive .. just that if it was my own machine its what would have concerned me that I should have checked and the failure of such was an obvious reason for your original post. However it looks like you bought a machine from those who didn't care, looks like youve saved it, and you, from further damage due to your observation, good result

Comment

I'm glad to hear that .. I woke one night in my bed and thought I should have mentioned this very important point in my earlier posts ... no I'm not obsessive .. just that if it was my own machine its what would have concerned me that I should have checked and the failure of such was an obvious reason for your original post. However it looks like you bought a machine from those who didn't care, looks like youve saved it, and you, from further damage due to your observation, good result
                        Ah cheers Muz and good of you to think of it Should have thought of it myself and checked sooner so much appreciated.

I have a notepad by the bed now for writing down such thoughts as they are gone by morning if I dont!!
                        Drives the wife nuts but it saves me telling her to remind me now

Have done quite a few hours with the 71 now and all seems good.

Surprisingly I cant feel the slew ring movement at all in use - just a bit of play in the king post I occasionally feel. I will treat her to pins and bushes some time and do the bucket pins while I'm at it.

Comment

Originally posted by uffex
                          Good day
                          I have observed the response you received with interest however I feel you may be alarmed by some of the advise. I have attached some information which in fact comes from a service technician. whom has measured many swing ring bearings. If I can help some more please drop me a line.
                          kind regards
                          Uffex[ATTACH]4249[/ATTACH]
                          Many thanks Uffex, I will have a good look through the attachment. If I have any questions I will get back to you. Very much appreciated and thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                          X