Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harford hitch and buckets? What are your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harford hitch and buckets? What are your thoughts?

Well I got a fresh Kubota kx71 recently (as some of you will be aware) and it came with a set of 5 Harford buckets and their dedicated 'safelock' hitch.
    I like the hitch, is is a good design offering lots more support to the bucket than a normal QH and buckets are a doddle to change (for a manual hitch).

The buckets are an odd design though - very squat but deep based. I thought this would be a recipe for constant sticking material but seems ok in that department.

They seem to be a small capacity bucket compared to others I have used, but this may be deceptive as they are very deep.

I guess Harford's aim was to keep breakout force at a maximum by designing a very squat bucket with the front hanger sitting pretty much level with the top of the bucket body?

Here is a link to their site https://harfordattachments.co.uk/buckets/#special The safelock is down the page a bit and the hitch is on one of the drop down menus above. Not that much info on their site though.

I will get some pics of some of my buckets tomorrow and post em up.

Just wondered if anyone else had any experience with them and what your thoughts were?

Originally posted by Dangermouse74 View Post
    Well I got a fresh Kubota kx71 recently (as some of you will be aware) and it came with a set of 5 Harford buckets and their dedicated 'safelock' hitch.
    I like the hitch, is is a good design offering lots more support to the bucket than a normal QH and buckets are a doddle to change (for a manual hitch).

The buckets are an odd design though - very squat but deep based. I thought this would be a recipe for constant sticking material but seems ok in that department.

They seem to be a small capacity bucket compared to others I have used, but this may be deceptive as they are very deep.

I guess Harford's aim was to keep breakout force at a maximum by designing a very squat bucket with the front hanger sitting pretty much level with the top of the bucket body?

Here is a link to their site https://harfordattachments.co.uk/buckets/#special The safelock is down the page a bit and the hitch is on one of the drop down menus above. Not that much info on their site though.

I will get some pics of some of my buckets tomorrow and post em up.

Just wondered if anyone else had any experience with them and what your thoughts were?
    Not a lot of experience of them, but do know that you can't turn the buckets for reversed use
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
      Not a lot of experience of them, but do know that you can't turn the buckets for reversed use
      Tis true that, can still turn whole hitch on main dipper pins but a bit of a ball ache. Luckily dont need 'reverse action' too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangermouse74 View Post
        Tis true that, can still turn whole hitch on main dipper pins but a bit of a ball ache. Luckily dont need 'reverse action' too often.
        aye'd be hard faff that
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
        X