Bleeding fuel system JCB 801.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding fuel system JCB 801.4

I finally got around to changing the fuel filter on my JCB 801.4 today but bleeding it with the primer leaver seems hopeless and loosening the union on the injectors seems to require cranking the engine over forever and I’m worried it will damage the starter motor, are there any other solutions as she fires but won’t keep running now.
    One other thing when I was cranking the engine to try and bleed the injectors I noticed bubbling from the base of one injector where the fuel had run down.
    thanks michael

Done

Originally posted by Malvern Michael View Post
    I finally got around to changing the fuel filter on my JCB 801.4 today but bleeding it with the primer leaver seems hopeless and loosening the union on the injectors seems to require cranking the engine over forever and I’m worried it will damage the starter motor, are there any other solutions as she fires but won’t keep running now.
    One other thing when I was cranking the engine to try and bleed the injectors I noticed bubbling from the base of one injector where the fuel had run down.
    thanks michael
    ‘Ended up replacing fuel lift pump and then needed a to add a bleed bubble but finally up and running again.

Comment

Originally posted by Malvern Michael View Post
      ‘Ended up replacing fuel lift pump and then needed a to add a bleed bubble but finally up and running again.
      well done boyo Percy Verence is always a winner ..... well almost
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
      X