Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15b dipper arm ram leaking

hi all,

after a while, back here with a question.

The old faithful -15 has been digging here and there but just last week the dipper arm ram started to leak like Niagara falls... almost. The boom gets oily. Just wonder whether it would be easy to replace the seals, or should I concentrate on trying to find a pro to do it?

Additionally, been trying to find pins and bushes for position 3 and 6. Any ideas?

matt

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    hi all,

after a while, back here with a question.

The old faithful -15 has been digging here and there but just last week the dipper arm ram started to leak like Niagara falls... almost. The boom gets oily. Just wonder whether it would be easy to replace the seals, or should I concentrate on trying to find a pro to do it?

Additionally, been trying to find pins and bushes for position 3 and 6. Any ideas?

matt
    Hi Mattir.. its really easy to do them yourself ,just make sure theres no damage to the chrome on the rod that may have caused the problem in the first place
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Just remember to take note of which way the seals face when you pull them out , as put in the wrong way round means they do not do what they are designed to do .

Comment

Working...
      X