1998 JCB 801.4 Slew Motor Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 JCB 801.4 Slew Motor Oil?

Hi guys, I'm giving my machine a service and was wondering if anyone could give details on how to check/replace the oil in the slew motor for a 1998 JCB 801.4? My machine pin number is 0722315, and looking at my service manual it appears that I should have to replace the oil with some JCB gear oil:slewringoil.jpg
    The parts diagrams on the JCB website do mention plugs, but no drains? So I'm just looking for some guidance really, do I have to take the motor out to drain and refill the oil? Or am I wrong and it's actually lubricated by the hydraulic system?
    Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Hi, I've got a 1996 801.4 for a self build project, when I bought it I changed all the filters and fluids bar the hydraulic oil. From memory (I will check next time I use her) there was a drain plug to empty the oil. Refilling was a pain as it was through the very small plug on top of the motor, I had to use a really small funnel. It took an age and I ended pouring most of the oil down the side. The only thing I can say with certainty is that on mine it wasn't lubricated by the hydraulic oil.
    Have a look on Morris Oils website, you can input your machine details and it provides all of their JCB equivalent fluids, very useful I found.
    I also discovered that over the years good old JCB used the same part number for components that were clearly different. I replaced the rotary joint seals and soon discovered there were different types of rotary joint with the same part number. This could be the same with the slew motor.

Comment

Working...
    X