JS 130 starting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS 130 starting issues

This problem is driving us nuts, bought the machine Isuzu 4JJ1X engined, and we ran it for about a month, just as it tracked off the first job it decided it wouldn’t start, just click click at the solenoid and showing an error code ENG P0380 which we googled and thought it was the engine sensor, so we replaced both crankshaft and the camshaft sensor to no avail. ( we thought this was stopping the computer sending power to the starter properly) We then crossed the battery relay unit and the engine turned, so replaced the battery relay but still same, so we replaced the starter motor, this time it turns first key but winds and winds like the heater plug circuit isn’t working, not wanting to wind to hard we just did it in short bursts, but the second, third key it’s back to click click ,when she does fire it runs rough, which it wasn’t doing before the issue
    FFS please help

Originally posted by farmhand View Post
    This problem is driving us nuts, bought the machine Isuzu 4JJ1X engined, and we ran it for about a month, just as it tracked off the first job it decided it wouldn’t start, just click click at the solenoid and showing an error code ENG P0380 which we googled and thought it was the engine sensor, so we replaced both crankshaft and the camshaft sensor to no avail. ( we thought this was stopping the computer sending power to the starter properly) We then crossed the battery relay unit and the engine turned, so replaced the battery relay but still same, so we replaced the starter motor, this time it turns first key but winds and winds like the heater plug circuit isn’t working, not wanting to wind to hard we just did it in short bursts, but the second, third key it’s back to click click ,when she does fire it runs rough, which it wasn’t doing before the issue
    FFS please help
    Welcome take it your fuel is good and filters clean .. no water contamination etc as it sounds like youve got two peoblems together
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Went through the line (pulled the ballast off as it’s only 4 bolts) hoping to find an in line filter choked, pulled plug on tank, a bit of muck but nothing serious. JCB 2half hours away so the plug in will be £800 plus, am thinking it could even be three faults together... scratching head

Comment

Originally posted by at the edge View Post
        Went through the line (pulled the ballast off as it’s only 4 bolts) hoping to find an in line filter choked, pulled plug on tank, a bit of muck but nothing serious. JCB 2half hours away so the plug in will be £800 plus, am thinking it could even be three faults together... scratching head
        And I take it you are wise for shit, flakes of paint getting caught in banjo connectors ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I have no experience with them but does it have a fuel shut off solenoid on the injector pump ?. Have you searched the net for issues ,some mention a switch behind the seat that gets bumped...
          I guess a squirt of starter fluid in the intake might eliminate fuel as an issue..

Comment

Working...
          X