Bobcat 322 Greasing the Main Boom Pivot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 322 Greasing the Main Boom Pivot

I’ve just purchased a 2000 Bobcat 322 with 1800 hours on the clock.

when I try and grease the top Pivot Pin on the main boom, the grease comes out from the top circlip and I don’t think any grease I going into the joint. I noticed today that the joint was starting to squeak.

What’s the best way of rectifying this.

Many thanks

Martin

By the main pivot are you referring to the dipper boom joint, the bottom of the boom or the left right pivot?
    you may get lucky by removing the grease nipple and spraying in penetrating oil which should soften any hard stale grease, other way is to remove the pin and clean everything and replace the bushes while you are at it..................................
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
      By the main pivot are you referring to the dipper boom joint, the bottom of the boom or the left right pivot?
      you may get lucky by removing the grease nipple and spraying in penetrating oil which should soften any hard stale grease, other way is to remove the pin and clean everything and replace the bushes while you are at it..................................
      I think people refer to it as the king pin. The one that’s on the front of the cab that the main boom mounts to and allows the boom to slew side to side

Comment

Working...
      X