EC15B engine vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EC15B engine vibration

Hi there. Been away for a while but now back to cause you guys some gray hair.

The story goes like this. Digging with the -15B goes normally until at some point the engine starts to vibrate more than it normally does. It happens in warmer weather and after intensive use of about 30 minutes. I suspect that the engine just overheats as I could return the normal engine sound by hosing the rad with cold water. The over-temp alarm does not go off. This could be due to a fault in that circuit or the temp just stays below catastrophe-level. The engine seems to lose a bit of its power as well when in this vibrating mental state.

The rad is old as heaven as well as the water pump.

Is this going to be expensive or should I just use the EC15B only in the wintertime?

What would you say ?

Br.

mattir

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
    Hi there. Been away for a while but now back to cause you guys some gray hair.

The story goes like this. Digging with the -15B goes normally until at some point the engine starts to vibrate more than it normally does. It happens in warmer weather and after intensive use of about 30 minutes. I suspect that the engine just overheats as I could return the normal engine sound by hosing the rad with cold water. The over-temp alarm does not go off. This could be due to a fault in that circuit or the temp just stays below catastrophe-level. The engine seems to lose a bit of its power as well when in this vibrating mental state.

The rad is old as heaven as well as the water pump.

Is this going to be expensive or should I just use the EC15B only in the wintertime?

What would you say ?

Br.

mattir
    Are you operating it with the throttle wide open ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Yes. At least the throttle lever is pushed all the way.

Read from the manual that the overheating could be caused by faulty injection timing as well but just wonder why would it change after some 45 minutes.

The local rad expert said that the rad could be clogged from inside and could be cleaned with citric acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattir View Post
        Yes. At least the throttle lever is pushed all the way.

Read from the manual that the overheating could be caused by faulty injection timing as well but just wonder why would it change after some 45 minutes.

The local rad expert said that the rad could be clogged from inside and could be cleaned with citric acid.
        Yikes .. doesnt sound healthy way to deal with it ..try taking the oil cooler out and give it a light pressure wash to clean it out .. if the oil cooler has any leaks .. the water rad will choke very quickly
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X