Peljob EB30.4 tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peljob EB30.4 tracks

Been a while but need your help once more. One of my rubber tracks has split open and two of the steel reinforcement bars have buggered off, machine still tracks backwards and forwards but it won't be long before I need a new track and here is my dilemma, when I bought the machine the previous owner stated that they had fitted a new track, which was obvious as one was in great condition and the other was in an ok condition and for the past, how ever many years, it's been fine but on looking for a new track I measured them both and find that they are different.

The new track is 300mm wide with a spacing of 52mm and 72 "lugs" the older track is 300mm wide with 110mm spacing and only 35 "lugs", I have a feeling that the older track is correct and the newer one is incorrect but could do with confirmation if anyone knows for sure.

I also looked at the two drive wheels and they are both the same with 23 teeth.

I could also do with any info as to where the best (read cheapest) place would be to get tracks from.

Any help much appreciated.

Originally posted by stilltrying View Post
    Been a while but need your help once more. One of my rubber tracks has split open and two of the steel reinforcement bars have buggered off, machine still tracks backwards and forwards but it won't be long before I need a new track and here is my dilemma, when I bought the machine the previous owner stated that they had fitted a new track, which was obvious as one was in great condition and the other was in an ok condition and for the past, how ever many years, it's been fine but on looking for a new track I measured them both and find that they are different.

The new track is 300mm wide with a spacing of 52mm and 72 "lugs" the older track is 300mm wide with 110mm spacing and only 35 "lugs", I have a feeling that the older track is correct and the newer one is incorrect but could do with confirmation if anyone knows for sure.

I also looked at the two drive wheels and they are both the same with 23 teeth.

I could also do with any info as to where the best (read cheapest) place would be to get tracks from.

Any help much appreciated.
    so ones a 'short pitch' track as it has double the number of links .... it gives a smoother ride when tracking ... are they better or more resilient ? ... youd have to ask the jury on that one . Personally when I get a track failure I always replace the pair to keep the undercarriage wear even, and keep one as a spare .. plenty of suppliers .. Global track warehouse https://www.globaltrackwarehouse.com/ https://astrakgroup.co.uk/
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Thanks for that, I only use the machine a few times a year and having looked at the prices for the 300mm wide tracks it's a bit of a shock to be honest, but I will give the company you mention a go and see how they compare. Smoother tracking, think that is something someone who uses a machine all the time might be interested in, me I just need to get around the garden.
      Once again thanks, at least I know what to look for and why.

Comment

Working...
      X