Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Digger Cab Dipstick

Hello folks
    I've been trying to find out 1 or 2 things for a long time now but cannot. Maybe someone here can help me.

I have recently bought an old Kubota mini excavator, 3 tonne, KH 60. It has a small dipstick down in front of and to the right of the drivers seat.
    This dipstick is now dry. I have no idea what it's for.
    Also, I have been looking for a manual for this but cannot find 1. I have found every other model, except the one I want. Even if I knew which this machine were similar too, another manual might do. For some parts it might suggest the kh50,kh70 and kh90 may be similar but I cannot find a manual for these either.
    Many Thanks, John​

Howdy .. it will be for the slew gearbox .. newer machines used a different system for driving the slew .. but on older units they used a gearbox which required its own oil. You could use a bit of wire and go below the stick level then compare its length with the stick to see just how low it is. It might have a leak at the slew pinion output, you could check that from below
    Last edited by Muz; 08-09-2022, 07:21 AM.
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thanks muz, I think I will just put some 80w 90 in it. Does it go in through the dipstick Hole? Dipstick just visible on floor beside white glove.Thanks for your help.KH-60-15-1024x768.jpg

Comment

scan0067.jpg

Yes thats fine although it will take some time with the oil viscosity .. put it in a pan of hot water to thin it down a bit first ... I had a quick google and found very little info on the subject so I investigated my cabinet of treasures and I found an old operators manual covering models KH 51, 61,66,71,91,101 .. you can see where the filler actually is
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

thanks Muz, you are very good. I think mine is a little similar to the KH 66. On your drawing for that model however it illustrates only the dipstick and Port plug, not the drain plug. By any chance do you have a downloaded version or link to that manual? I've been looking for a while and It would help me a great deal. Thanks again, John.

Comment

Theres a few copies floating about if you do a search and possibly some originals if they are 61 or 66's The drain access is shown, got at from the under belly

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              Theres a few copies floating about if you do a search and possibly some originals if they are 61 or 66's The drain access is shown, got at from the under belly
              thanks Muz, I have spent a month looking and have not located either a 60 or 66, so if you know of one I would really appreciate, if you let me know. Thanks again, John

Comment

Not hard to find .. first look gave this on Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185478281...Bk9SR8Dfz9jlYA

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
                  Not hard to find .. first look gave this on Ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185478281...Bk9SR8Dfz9jlYA
                  Thanks Muz you are very kind. I agree this was not hard to find. I found it a month ago. It's not hard to find one I don't need. However it's the kh60 I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by john1000 View Post

Thanks Muz you are very kind. I agree this was not hard to find. I found it a month ago. It's not hard to find one I don't need. However it's the kh60 I am looking for.
                    There will be very little difference ..

Comment

Working...
                    X