U25-3a starter just clicking when starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U25-3a starter just clicking when starting

Hi, my U25-3a is just clicking when turning the key, it's been doing it for a while now but it does start eventually if you just keep turning the key, I have disconnected and cleaned etc all the earths / grounds that I can see and it was good for a couple of days and it is now back to clicking again, I have had the access panel off in the cab to get to the starter / solenoid etc but can not see how you would be able to remove it working through that panel.
    Any ideas or quick fixes?

Cheers
    Fairmer.

Originally posted by fairmer View Post
    Hi, my U25-3a is just clicking when turning the key, it's been doing it for a while now but it does start eventually if you just keep turning the key, I have disconnected and cleaned etc all the earths / grounds that I can see and it was good for a couple of days and it is now back to clicking again, I have had the access panel off in the cab to get to the starter / solenoid etc but can not see how you would be able to remove it working through that panel.
    Any ideas or quick fixes?

Cheers
    Fairmer.
    Most likely youve had two problems, weak power and a stuck throw out mechanism, so it will have to come off for inspection
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Cheers Muz, it's had a new battery, so does it have to come out the access panel behind the seat?
      Last edited by fairmer; 15-09-2023, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Cheers Muz, it's had a new battery, so does it have to come out the access panel behind the seat?
        Cant remember where the access is but I think you are right .. get the spanners out
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Access is a panel behind the seat, had it off before, looks like it will be a right pain in the arse!!

Comment

Access is a panel behind the seat, had it off before, looks like it will be a right pain in the arse!!
            No .. a starter in a Volvo EC15 is a pain in the ass .. the engine has to get moved for access .. stop whinging .. you wont even have to skin a knuckle ... and post some photos as you go

Comment

Working...
            X