This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi folks

I am getting lots of requests for the manual, I don't mind this, but what I do mind is the folk coming onto the forum and requesting it on their first post then never to be seen again, or even a thank you for the file.

Don't mean to sound petty but would rather offer it to those with at least 10 posts that can offer the forum something back, if only in terms of banter or advice from a skill or experience they have or had.

Makes for a more vibrant forum and mutual help from those willing to offer something back.

Comment

Yep , Got to agree with you Rob . Pissed me off a bit when I saw a guy on another forum asking for manuals . One of the guys here had manuals , So i asked and yes he had a suitable one Tell the guy on the other forum to register here and ask for manual . Which he did . Got his manual and pissed off never to be seen again .. Forums I think are for giving where you can . Not taking and running . .

Comment

serial no

Originally posted by aswadthedog View Post
        hi, could someone tell me if this looks like the serial number of my jcb 801.4. [53159] how can i find out how old it is. the tag on the front has been bashed about a bit and is hard to read. i need a new swing arm cable but need to provide serial number and age of machine. thanks if you can help
        If you ring a JCB dealer and quote them your serial no, they will be able to tell you the exact date of manufacture.
        Mine too has a 7 figure no starting with a 0. The same 7 numbers are also part of the long number which I presume to be the VIN.
        Good luck, Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Rob-b View Post
          Hi folks

I am getting lots of requests for the manual, I don't mind this, but what I do mind is the folk coming onto the forum and requesting it on their first post then never to be seen again, or even a thank you for the file.

Don't mean to sound petty but would rather offer it to those with at least 10 posts that can offer the forum something back, if only in terms of banter or advice from a skill or experience they have or had.

Makes for a more vibrant forum and mutual help from those willing to offer something back.
          Originally posted by ianoz View Post
          Yep , Got to agree with you Rob .
          Thanks for your 'inputs' Rob .. its been good of you, and I agree completely with your position .. such is the way of it with some folks who will want something for nowt .. I mentioned elsewhere you should perhaps come to an 'arrangement' with the 'enquirer' for your own good will
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

JCB manual

I've just bought this from a web site and will happily share this with anyone needing a copy, it also covers 801.5 and 801.6 just PM me your email and will send you the PDF.

I also have manuals for:

JCB 3CX-4CX 2WS/4WS
            Nissan X Trail 2002/03
            Land Crauiser Colarado 1KZ-TE
            Hi.Rob! Help! You can send me copy of that JCB 3CX-4CX ? In Moscow no manuals...: Biggrin:

Comment

Hi, Introduction and Request for JCB 801.4 manual

I've just bought this from a web site and will happily share this with anyone needing a copy, it also covers 801.5 and 801.6 just PM me your email and will send you the PDF.

I also have manuals for:

JCB 3CX-4CX 2WS/4WS
              Nissan X Trail 2002/03
              Hi, Rob,

Just a quick introduction first -

I am based in Nottingham, UK and have a background in small scale property development but little experience in plant and machinery. I purchased a used JCB 801.4 (circa early 1990's) from a Landscaping company in July 2012 as an investment for my own projects. I used it to do some small scale landscaping (grading the rear yard) on a family members house and everything went well.

Recently, I loaned the digger to a colleague and as luck would have it, within a day he called me saying that he parked the digger up and that the engine starts but there are no hydraulics. I went to inspect the machine today and noticing that there was no hydraulic fluid, topped it up to the required levels and checked the functioning of the hydraulics again without any joy.

A quick research on the internet and i suspect that the Hydraulic Pump may be faulty. The part number appears to be 20/903500 (Hydraulic Pump for 801.4) - as below. Its a triple pump but as you can see quite costly at £687.94 + vat.

http://www.hydraulicpartsdirect.co.u...c635rbb8tmbgs1

I found another link for a company who supplies spare parts http://www.vicaryplant.co.uk/ who i will call tomorrow to see if i can find a better deal either on a used/reconditioned one or possible reconditioning/repairing the one i have on the digger at present.

I will carry on researching in case my initial diagnosis is incorrect. I would appreciate a copy of the repair manual. I need to bleed the system and take off the hydraulic pump to replace it. If you or any other forum member have any words of advice regarding what else to check, would be appreciated. I will keep you updated on progress.

Thanks
              Ahmed
              Ten Consultancy - Project Management

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Consultancy View Post
                Hi, Rob,

Just a quick introduction first -

I am based in Nottingham, UK and have a background in small scale property development but little experience in plant and machinery. I purchased a used JCB 801.4 (circa early 1990's) from a Landscaping company in July 2012 as an investment for my own projects. I used it to do some small scale landscaping (grading the rear yard) on a family members house and everything went well.

Recently, I loaned the digger to a colleague and as luck would have it, within a day he called me saying that he parked the digger up and that the engine starts but there are no hydraulics. I went to inspect the machine today and noticing that there was no hydraulic fluid, topped it up to the required levels and checked the functioning of the hydraulics again without any joy.

A quick research on the internet and i suspect that the Hydraulic Pump may be faulty. The part number appears to be 20/903500 (Hydraulic Pump for 801.4) - as below. Its a triple pump but as you can see quite costly at £687.94 + vat.

http://www.hydraulicpartsdirect.co.u...c635rbb8tmbgs1

I found another link for a company who supplies spare parts http://www.vicaryplant.co.uk/ who i will call tomorrow to see if i can find a better deal either on a used/reconditioned one or possible reconditioning/repairing the one i have on the digger at present.

I will carry on researching in case my initial diagnosis is incorrect. I would appreciate a copy of the repair manual. I need to bleed the system and take off the hydraulic pump to replace it. If you or any other forum member have any words of advice regarding what else to check, would be appreciated. I will keep you updated on progress.

Thanks
                Ahmed
                Ten Consultancy - Project Management

Hi Ahmed

I don't normally give the manual out to those with less than ten posts but you have given some useful and helpful links here, send me your email via PM and I will send you the manual and if you can continue to post and share the outcome of your experience will be much appreciated.

I am sure Muz will be along shortly to help you.

ATB

Rob

Comment

Hi Ahmed

I don't normally give the manual out to those with less than ten posts

Rob

I'll also be adopting this approach, thanks to rhino...................
                  A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                    I'll also be adopting this approach, thanks to rhino...................

but of course they will need to be meaningful posts...............not like some of the drivel I post........
                    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                      but of course they will need to be meaningful posts....
                      Here's my 12 posts Stock...............now....can you send me your cookery books?

Comment

Very clever Jack ,but your spacings aren't very even so you will have to pull them all out and start again from post Zero ...

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                          Here's my 12 posts Stock...............now....can you send me your cookery books?

Every one thinks their a comedian
                          You don't do a bad job of it Jack ..

Comment

Originally posted by victor View Post
                            Hi.Rob! Help! You can send me copy of that JCB 3CX-4CX ? In Moscow no manuals...: Biggrin:
                            Victor , In Moscow tonight ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S6i_xLUlkM

Comment

Any chance of a copy of the manual pdf?

Hi Rob,

Would it be possible to have a copy of the manual pdf you have. I have just bought a 8014 from a plant hire firm and am in need of info for the daily maintenance as well as some of the other jobs it needs sorting out. I know I don't meet the criteria you have set to get a copy but be assurred I soon will as I have a number of questions and items I need to source and resolve.

Please feel free to pm me with any questions you have, can supply the serial no. to prove ownership.

Kind regards

Jamie

Comment

jcb mini digger manual

I also have manuals for:

JCB 3CX-4CX 2WS/4WS
                                Nissan X Trail 2002/03
                                Hello there, I have read with interest your digger saga. I bought a jcb mini digger last week,its an early model I'm told circa 1989. I want to maintain it myself and phoned up jcb for a manual only to be told cost is over £400.00 inc vat. That's over 10% of the machine cost. Not bloody likely I thought. Downright robbery how do they have the cheek!. I wonder if your offer is still on, I would be so grateful to you. My email chrisnunn30@gmail.com. keep the faith

Comment

Working...
                                X