Scaffold Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaffold Wheels

Can anyone recommend decent rough ground wheels for this scaffolding system so that I can make a decent moveable tower for grass or gravel up to 6m high?

Jack first go and look at the working at height regulations before you embark on this venture...............
    A driven man with a burning passion.

Comment

I'm not sure of the safety requirements in the UK and I am certain that if the US OSHA had a look, they'd likely want to find something wrong with it, but on my house site, we have erected scaffolding atop a hay wagon to be a bit more mobile. We are not working at extreme heights however, nor would I want to. We use the screw jacks to adjust for uneven ground conditions. We also tie off the upper part of the tower to the building. Look in the far right of the photo and you can see the wagon.

I am sure others will howl at the notion, but for us it has worked well.
      Attached Files

Comment

I used to have a lot of that type of scaffolding.Kwik Form it`s called.I had wheels for mine and they were cast iron with rubber tyres about 8 or 10" x 2" and had a threaded stem.I`ve seen them on ebat now and again.
        Apart from using as scaffold I used to build gantries out of it for lifting engines out of plant where there was nowhere to hang a block and for loading small lathes and stuff onto the pickups if I`d bought them from someone with no loading gear.

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post

I am sure others will howl at the notion, but for us it has worked well.
          I saw this a while back and thought...."no way.........." but you're still posting here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gridley View Post
            I used to have a lot of that type of scaffolding.Kwik Form it`s called.I had wheels for mine and they were cast iron with rubber tyres about 8 or 10" x 2" and had a threaded stem.I`ve seen them on ebat now and again.
            Apart from using as scaffold I used to build gantries out of it for lifting engines out of plant where there was nowhere to hang a block and for loading small lathes and stuff onto the pickups if I`d bought them from someone with no loading gear.
            Yeah, it's great for racking up quickly to offload bulky stuff - like a 450kg Rayburn in our case. Those wheels sound perfect...if you ever see any could you post a link here? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by alanmurfee
              Stock, I agree with you. Jack needs to measure the scaffolding system and make up his mind to buy the size of wheels that will accurately fit this device before embarking on this venture.
              Agreed.....I'm not as brave as Bruce!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackpreacher View Post
                Can anyone recommend decent rough ground wheels for this scaffolding system so that I can make a decent moveable tower for grass or gravel up to 6m high?

Originally posted by Stock View Post
                Jack first go and look at the working at height regulations before you embark on this venture...............
                Second this advice and hope your found a solution. We manufacture and supply castor wheels for kwikstage and variations of kwikstage and cuplock scaffolding, if you need any advice let us know.

Comment

Working...
                X