X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barford SXR6000 Dumper Sloooow operation when cold

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, so be gentle.... :-)

I have a Barford SXR 6000 Swivel Dumper with the Iveco engine.

When I operate it first thing in the morning, it goes really slowly for the first 1-2 miles or so, then when its warmed up, it will go like a rocket.

Do any of the experts on here have any advice as to what to check?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Originally posted by TomOnPC View Post
    Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, so be gentle.... :-)

I have a Barford SXR 6000 Swivel Dumper with the Iveco engine.

When I operate it first thing in the morning, it goes really slowly for the first 1-2 miles or so, then when its warmed up, it will go like a rocket.

Do any of the experts on here have any advice as to what to check?

Thanks in advance

Tom
    Hi & Welcome .. dont know the dumper, is it a hydrostatic drive ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Hi & Welcome .. dont know the dumper, is it a hydrostatic drive ?
      I reckon it a hydraulic drive, but I'm not sure. I'll check and revert. (Wish I had the manual!!)

Tom

Comment

I reckon it a hydraulic drive, but I'm not sure. I'll check and revert. (Wish I had the manual!!)

Tom
        Have you changed the hydraulic filter on it lately then ?
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Tom
          According to a Spec sheet I found, this is what it says re. transmission:

"Powershuttle transmission, 4 speeds forward and reversewith torque converter. Heavy duty drive train."

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            Have you changed the hydraulic filter on it lately then ?
            Yes. Oil and all filters changed regularly..

Comment

According to a Spec sheet I found, this is what it says re. transmission:

"Powershuttle transmission, 4 speeds forward and reversewith torque converter. Heavy duty drive train."
              Sounds like my Thwaites 6 ton swivel - goes well from start, any temperature - any chance of some pix Tom?
              Think they all use pretty much the same drive train components.
              I'd imagine there's a filter in the tranny somewhere too, but it can hardly be called cold ATM - what's it like in the winter - a slug?

Welcome along here too, by the way
              If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
                Sounds like my Thwaites 6 ton swivel - goes well from start, any temperature - any chance of some pix Tom?
                Think they all use pretty much the same drive train components.
                I'd imagine there's a filter in the tranny somewhere too, but it can hardly be called cold ATM - what's it like in the winter - a slug?

Welcome along here too, by the way
                Hi Mate,

does the dumper, roll easily enough out of gear? Do the brakes work correctly?

Mick

Comment

Working...
                X