Got me a logging trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a logging trailer!

I got me a logging trailer for an Atv for use with my digger as I am allowed some wind blow trees on a local estate. I was dragging them out with the digger but it was sore in the machine and I had to reverse all the way out so I managed to pick up a log trailer for an Atv brand new and cheap so armed with the grapple I headed into the woods!! Think the next buy will be a rotator grab!
    Attached Files

Cool .. should make life easier for you how do you attach it to the digger ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Very strong bunjees
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

looks an ideal little trailer Jim - what'll it carry on those tyres?
        If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
          Very strong bunjees
          He's already employed them as tie downs in the cab for the tins of 'Red Neck' super strength lager as required by any self respecting man of the woods
          Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
            I put a tow ball on the blade. I will take it off when not in use so it's doesn't get in the way during normal operations.

according to the manufacturer it can take 1.5 ton but I wouldn't like to put the track motors under that stress!

Comment

Originally posted by Wee Jim View Post
              I put a tow ball on the blade. I will take it off when not in use so it's doesn't get in the way during normal operations.

according to the manufacturer it can take 1.5 ton but I wouldn't like to put the track motors under that stress!
              Doubt it would bother them Jim ... if you were dozing and hit solid concrete as happens all the time, they'd fall apart constantly. Sure you know, but its regular changes of oil in those reduction hubs that would be far more important if you do a lot of tracking. I do all my diggers every 6 months which is about twice as often as is recommended, .. but every time I do this , i'll get most with little degradation, but at least one where its as black as the ace of spades and stinks to high hell ! because the digger has been getting used as a wheel barrow

Comment

It looks very strong.......

Payroll Birmingham

Comment

Do you disconnect the trailer to load it Jim? I think you'll find a proper rotating log grapple a lot more efficient and easier to use in tight spots when your loading logs.

Comment

If you tow it off the blade how much weight do you have on the ball ? too much and it would beputtingexrta strain on the front idlers .
                    Also ,If your towing thetrailer,meaning going backwards with steel tracks there is a lot more wear , i don't know if rubber tracks are affected the same way .

Comment

Working...
                    X