InspHire Hire and Rental Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InspHire Hire and Rental Software

Dont know if any of you guys are using any of this stuff, I was an early adopter of it years ago. I use it to do all the invoicing and hire contracts for all our kit. It bolts onto a sage accounts package which does all the rest and has worked well over the years through all the different versions of windows, which I dont think it really is supposed to do, but it does. However, I've been having some minor issues with it lately and I spoke to InspHire this week about upgrading it to a later version, where I was advised it would cost £1500 + VAT for a one depot system .. This software is basically a database, and frankly, for a company the size of mine a 2 bit spreadsheet could do this job easily ..... its just a bit more fidly when it comes to doing VAT etc...

Because its 15 years old or so, InspHire wont support it on newer platforms which is a bit rubbish, and naturally they only want to supply you new software with fixed length contract maintenance which is a complete dripping roast !! Ive always found them to be very greedy, so I'm looking around for some alternatives ? as I know there are quite a few packages out there now ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Originally posted by Muz View Post
    However, I've been having some minor issues with it lately and I spoke to InspHire this week about upgrading it to a later version
    Well .. thats my problems sorted .. I knew I was dealing with a network issue but just couldnt put my finger on it. Turns out the remote desktop host I installed on my server to allow remote access to my accounts using my ipad whilst out and about ... had installed its own anti malware on the server. This didnt seem to be an issue at the time, but clearly it blocked some of the internal office network ports, which meant it took an age for local machines in the office to communicate with the server. So , that part of the remote host got stripped out and chucked .. now everything is back to normal, so .. no need to pay £thousands to InspHire every year, or buy a new multi thousand pound bit of software either. I mean I know the software is bespoke to some degree, but I really dont know how they can justify the figures they do ?, and also, just how much some companies must be paying to use the stuff ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

wish I was as handy as you sound, with PCs Muz

Would love to be able to know my way around 'em and sort me own problems out ......... alas ....... not - wrong generation I fear
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
        wish I was as handy as you sound, with PCs Muz

Would love to be able to know my way around 'em and sort me own problems out ......... alas ....... not - wrong generation I fear
        Its all the same engineering skills just different language and words .. fault finding here is like anywhere else.. just different environment, but, just like anything else... if you dont do it often enough, you forget the tricks and shortcuts ... and you have to relearn a heap

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
          Its all the same engineering skills just different language and words .. fault finding here is like anywhere else.. just different environment, but, just like anything else... if you dont do it often enough, you forget the tricks and shortcuts ... and you have to relearn a heap
          Gotta have learnt it first though Muz and regrettably I came very late to these 'boxes o' tricks' ...... As I say would love to have the knowledge ...... or even the opportunity to acquire it

Would be amazing to be able to pop the bonnet and know what to do
          If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Working...
          X