No announcement yet.

Sealey AB 160 Workshop heater problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at #13 & #14 above ...... has anyone else heard it's gonna be shit in November ... as in snow ... maybe a lot
    A good(ish) summer always comes at a price ....... but I thought we'd paid for it last year with the 18 month winter
    If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      Well ... its good to have this repository of information .. the old workshop heater did the same again and I was sure I had a thread on here about it ? ... so another strip down and this time I was more concentrating on the vane pump which was dragging and causing the electric motor to slow down. This time I cleaned out the polymer pump rotor and vanes with solvent cleaner to get rid of the carbon build up, also it seems you need to wipe the flat face of the rotor over some 180 grit to flatten it, as it develops some wear marks against the faces of the pump body and end cap that holds it all in place .. I didnt lube the plastic rotor or vanes ... not sure what to use if I did so ? looks like one of these ... [ATTACH=CONFIG]4191[/ATTACH]

Still .. judging by the posting dates .. thats been another 3 years of service before further inspection required
      Vaseline'd be my choice Muz, a light smear
      If it's got tracks, wheels, t*ts, or an engine, at some point it's gonna give you trouble!!

Comment

Well ... it fekin chucked it again .. hardly surprising the workshop was -5C inside this morning ... pump and fan was running ok this time what do I do ? .. chuck some petrol into the diesel tank as it was doubtless waxing .. and turn my heater into a thermobaric improvised explosive device ? no .. that would make things too warm ... lets have a look at the filter instead this time ....

IMG_0253[1].jpg

Gotcha ... normal service resumed ... now .. to replace an EC15 dipper end boss where I can touch some workshop tools without me fingers freezing to -5
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

you have HEAT in your workshop ..... tha's novel

Comment

Originally posted by v8druid View Post
            you have HEAT in your workshop ..... tha's novel
            You are forgetting my work shop even has a ROOF !
            Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
              You are forgetting my work shop even has a ROOF !
              LOL .... mine used to too .... 10,000 sq ft of it ... but no longer have that luxury ..... plenty of space, good lighting ..... shit weather proofing though .... benches are a bit white today

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=44058&d=1610048664&type=thumb Ok .. thread revival time heater died again only this time we needed to replace some parts. It needed a new pump rotor, vanes and face plate to get the pressure back up, you can see how worn the old vanes were
                filedata/fetch?id=44059&d=1610048665&type=thumb

Also a new nozzle and igniters as they had worn out too .. amazing to think diesel can wear out a nozzle like that

​​​​​​​
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

One thing I also learned was not to lube this pump with ANYTHING ! .. its a dry vane pump, and lube knackers it .. clean out the pump chamber with petrol to get rid of any crud, and dont over tighten the pump face plate either .. jobs a good un got her roasting once again

Comment

Hi Muz just stumbled across this thread while researching our AB160X, she turns on for a few seconds ignites then promply shuts down, can i ask do you have a parts Diagram with part numbers? or a link to where you got the parts?

Comment

Originally posted by Sfrs4 View Post
                      Hi Muz just stumbled across this thread while researching our AB160X, she turns on for a few seconds ignites then promply shuts down, can i ask do you have a parts Diagram with part numbers? or a link to where you got the parts?
                      So its a safety cut off when the fuel doesnt ignite .. think I got an exploded parts sheet from Dingbro who are Sealy agents

Comment

Thanks, i'll ask our local Sealey agent if they can get me a parts drawing, I am thinking it's the Cadmium cell that registers flame out.

Comment

Thanks, i'll ask our local Sealey agent if they can get me a parts drawing, I am thinking it's the Cadmium cell that registers flame out.
                          The electrodes can loosen in their clamps, and or wear out too .. are they positioned correctly to ignite the fuel ?

Comment

Hi Muz, i stripped the whole assembly down with nozzle and electrodes, cleaned it all up gaped the electrodes and cleaned the Cadmium cell..... and it works perfectly now!! but i don't know which bit i did fixed it lol

Comment

Hi Muz, i stripped the whole assembly down with nozzle and electrodes, cleaned it all up gaped the electrodes and cleaned the Cadmium cell..... and it works perfectly now!! but i don't know which bit i did fixed it lol
                              Yeah theres some mystery and magic about these things at least you fixed it for the next cold season ..... BTW I should mention the spare parts I bought to do my last fix cost me a lot of ££££ almost cheaper buying a new heater .. come on Dingbro dont keep ripping us poor plant men off like that

Comment

Working...
                              X