Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried one of these gadgets ?

http://www.fein-supercut.com/en_uk

Fein makes a superb product. These tools are much safer to use than a rotary and are quite versatile. We had a few on a jobsite that were used to cut out glazing caulk. The same technology is used to remove casts when you have broken bones. The recipricol action will not cut something that moves with it (like your skin) but is efficeint at cutting through a stationary object (like the plaster cast). There are several different blades that can be interchanged to meet the need. What are you planning to use it for?

Comment

Originally posted by B4D2USA View Post
      Fein makes a superb product. These tools are much safer to use than a rotary and are quite versatile. We had a few on a jobsite that were used to cut out glazing caulk. The same technology is used to remove casts when you have broken bones. The recipricol action will not cut something that moves with it (like your skin) but is efficeint at cutting through a stationary object (like the plaster cast). There are several different blades that can be interchanged to meet the need. What are you planning to use it for?
      Wow thats very interesting .. cheers .. I just saw the idea of it and rekoned (as if I didnt have enough tools) that from time to time I need to cut something in situ that you just cant get a saw at, without dissasembling the work piece, like a small pipe section or something ?

Comment

I have tried that brand before. Although there are some cheaper alternative, you get what you pay for.
        The only problem I see with this certain tool set is the short battery life.

Comment

Great tool, but the blades are really expensive and have a short life span of only a couple goes, i use mine all the time and can be a real time saver. SHARK blades are a cheaper alternative to the fein, but are hard to find.Fein had the patent on this machine for many years uptill a few years ago and know Bosch and every man and his dog are making them...stick with the fein its not much more expensive and more accessories available.

Comment

We use them , amazing bit of kit

vin

Comment

Totally agree with everyone else, one fantastic piece of kit. I have the corded quick change version which I lusted after for years before being granted permission to buy. Since Fein's patent ran out on the design, the market is flooded with cheap imitations and while some might be ok, I've not found one to compare to the Fein tool for build quality or results. If you are worried about the cost of blades and they were ridiculously expensive from Fein, one good side effect of the patent expiring is that there are now loads of good blades to be had and at a third of the cost of the genuine item.

You will never regret buying one, the tool will wear out before you run out of ideas for how to use it and that will be a very very long time.

Regards, Jeff.

Comment

Working...
              X