X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peljob dumpers

Hi All,

Peljob dumpers...

Best avoided, or ok?? I am looking for a high lift small dumper, but i do not know if i would be better off with something like a peljob one, [less to go wrong like trackmotors] or a tracked one, like a hinowa, [better manoverability by a mile..]

john..

I owned an ED 750 once .. wasnt impressed, tyres too small..... clutch and gears ... .. nippy wee bugger though ..drives shaft boot problems, hand brake problems ..... better off with a hydrostatic
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Originally posted by Muz View Post
      I owned an ED 750 once .. wasnt impressed, tyres too small..... clutch and gears ... .. nippy wee bugger though ..drives shaft boot problems, hand brake problems ..... better off with a hydrostatic
      Not sure what to do... What clutch and transmission problems did you have?? I would like one of them tracked things, but a lot of what i do would involve tracking the thing several hundred yards, not sure what the tracks and drive motors would think of this.. Then again, at least with them tracked things, engine knackered?? No worries, anything decent is honda powered, and if you break that, the rest of the thing will be scrap anyway..

I do not want to climb mountains in it, but want something durable.. I have been offered one with nearly 3000 hours on it. I have a suspicion that this is like going to the moon and back for one of them..

john..

Comment

Avoid anything with tracks for as long as possible ! if you want a small Hi Tip .. I'm still using Thwaites 1 tonners that are 8-10 years old with little trouble , big tyres for the muck and plenty of grunt and hydrostatics too like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGafZolheh8 .. I'm also still using wacker Neusons from the same era .. both excellent machines https://www.wackerneuson.eu/en/produ...rs/model/1001/
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Working...
        X