Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wazza
    replied
    Yep do what Muz suggests ,and also give the diesel tank a good dose of a quality injector pump lube , if its a sticking rack in the injector pump it might help.
    Or not .

Leave a comment:

• Muz
    replied
    Are you sure youve found all the filters ? . Wouldnt be the first time Ive found one in the lift pump that others have missed. NEXT check all banjo connectors as flakes of paint from fuel barrels get stuck in them and will shut off flow. Any fitter worth their salt will prove fuel belting out of the feed to the pump ..anything less isnt good enough .. even then you can have floating obstructions in the tank .. the list goes on.. but you need to start from the tank and work back .. dont waste money on expensive fixes like pumps when the solution is 'usually' a simple one

Leave a comment:

• Big Kev
    replied
    Anybody know where the diagnostic plug is on this machine or what protocol it uses?

Leave a comment:

• Big Kev
    replied
    just to add I did run the drain at bottom of the tank but it seemed water free, I will try the primary filter again on Monday as mechanic disabled it in case it leaked the tank contents out, theres a small butterfly valve above drain turn handle i think he has turned off but I need a screw driver to turn it which I didn't have with me

Leave a comment:

• Big Kev
    replied
    Originally posted by Wazza View Post
    Sounds like a injector pump issue ,havent had water through it recently have you ?
    Possibly could have been Wazza, fitter was out to it and changed filters after it first displayed fuel starvation problems, after cut outs and white smoke he came back and replaced any rubber fuel lines that were hard and brittle and blanked off EGR. still doing same thing, he said theres a charcoal type sealed primary filter on the machine which he personally doesn't like. He was to come back and change it to a bowl type but haven't seen him since.

Leave a comment:

• Wazza
    replied
    Originally posted by Big Kev View Post
    Meant to add as well last night that white smoke is definitely over fuelling. consumption gauge shows digger running between 200 and 300 percent fuel when white smoke is present at tick over rather than the 20-30 percent at tick over normally. Misspell last night as well as its a 470 not a 490 mot that that makes any difference I'm sure
    Sounds like a injector pump issue ,havent had water through it recently have you ?

Leave a comment:

• Big Kev
    replied
    Meant to add as well last night that white smoke is definitely over fuelling. consumption gauge shows digger running between 200 and 300 percent fuel when white smoke is present at tick over rather than the 20-30 percent at tick over normally. Misspell last night as well as its a 470 not a 490 mot that that makes any difference I'm sure

Leave a comment:

• Big Kev
    started a topic Hitachi digger white smoke?

Hitachi digger white smoke?

As above Hitachi 490 (Izuzu engine) digger starts in morning lumpy and a lot of white smoke for about 5-10 minutes. Runs fine then but in around the 2 hr mark it cuts out at full throttle, like diesel starvation symptoms. I have to grind it over for about 20 seconds before it starts again and it goes like a pig rest of the day as if its being starved of fuel. It will probably cut out about three times in the day. New fuel filters when this started and new fuel lines as well after problem arose. anybody have any ideas how to pinpoint the problem? I was thinking a cold start device is causing smoke in the morning but I started it two or three different days just to move it and no white smoke but if I work it all day, the next morning its starts with tons of white smoke and lumpy as if its slightly off a cylinder or cylinders.
Working...
X