Hitachi EX 15.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitachi EX 15.2

Hello, I've just bought a Hitachi mini digger, it's been a while since I've driven one and on unloading from the trailer i noticed something seemed odd with the controls as the slew and bucket are different sides compared with what i'm used to driving.

Question is can the services be changed around to ISO pattern ?

Originally posted by Davidpaul View Post
    Hello, I've just bought a Hitachi mini digger, it's been a while since I've driven one and on unloading from the trailer i noticed something seemed odd with the controls as the slew and bucket are different sides compared with what i'm used to driving.

Question is can the services be changed around to ISO pattern ?
    Dont see why not ? .. question is why did it get that way ? what model is it .. any pics ?
    Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

I'm assuming she's always been that way
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Looks like someone has got the pipes mixed up on the valve block .. should be straightforward enough to swap them back, they will most likely be the same size of pipe, so you'll need to locate the long valve block then try to trace the pipe going to the wrong service and change them over, dont worry about working pressures, they will be the same keep us posted mebbes an old jcb back acter driver swapped them as they were configured different
        Please don't PM me for plant advice.. thanks .. Post in the forum where I will gladly help, as will many of our contributors.. as the info and responses will help everyone else, which is why we exist

Comment

Ok thank you

Comment

Looking through the parts manual the two spools that control the bucket and slew are next to each other, so when i find the spool block it should be easy enough to swap

Comment

Originally posted by Davidpaul View Post
              Looking through the parts manual the two spools that control the bucket and slew are next to each other, so when i find the spool block it should be easy enough to swap
              Your machine will be servo controlled, so it might be the case that the servo feed has been swapped and not the main valve output. Usually the servo feed is a smaller sized pipe like 3/16 bore as opposed to your main line which will be around 1/4 or 3/8 on that size of digger. The servo pressure is what opens and closes your service valve in the block (when you move a control lever) which operates each ram (unless the valves are mechanically operated which I doubt)

Comment

It may have been a case of the early hitachis had a different lever pattern to everything else . the owner upgraded to a new machine and could not cope with the different pattern . So changed it to suit himself .

Comment

Working...
                X